Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy steps doubled with phone in pocket?

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 10:54 AM)
Mcab50
Apprentice
Options

Just got a new 42mm Galaxy Watch and am concerned that steps are doubled if I go for a walk with phone in pocket. 'All steps' are selected in Samsung Health but there is no option to count just Galaxy watch steps. Does this mean my actual steps for the walk are being doubled?! Thanks for your response.

35 REPLIES 35
TEFka
First Poster
Options

It is a very good news
now it doubles steps since Summer Time was turning arrows on a clock.
So now I see steps when I was at a bed  and repeated when I had a walk.
don't know if it is the Samsung Watch  something wrong with a summer time or on my Samsung Note.

double checked Samsung Health APP on my phone. Looks like incorrect statistic comes from the Watch. With time one hour earlier then it is really was. It uses time prior to Summer Time and pushes into phone that just combines them.

Didn't find out to cope this yet.
There was no such previous years.

0 Likes
TEFka
First Poster
Options

Samsung just "expressed their concern" and "passed it to their experts"
despite that was already described where issue is.
and it is 23 days gone and 30 days since that problem occurred firstly.
Is it fixed? no!
Will be? Doubtfully.

0 Likes
TEFka
First Poster
Options

New timeZone update came for my Watches, rebooted and expected anticipation that problem may be solved, didn't happen.
none cares. Still counts twice

0 Likes
TEFka
First Poster
Options

this pretty looks like watches step counting issue is solved with the new Timezone Update but for newly collected date only since update and onward
No correction for old statistic between Summer time arrows turning forward and TZ update
in any case it is much better.
thanks Samsung team for you effort

0 Likes
John Rancher
Apprentice
Options

So for anyone new on this problem, same started happening for me in 2023, altough I have been using my watch and phone together for years.

Just like the user above me, my watch received some update that registered the timezone DURING workout incorrectly. So mind you, my watchface is giving me the correct time, but steps in an activity are recorded in a different time. So the steps counted by my phone do not have the same timestamp, and therefore they are not synchronised but counted double.

Samsung update should have solved this problem, but it didn't for me. I reset my watch manually (and setup new, NOT from backup).

Only from that point on my stepcount was correct. Stepcounts wrongly synced in the past can be corrected by deleting activity tracked by your watch. But yes, that will make you lose insight in your history.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Viriathus
First Poster
Options

Simple solution:

- Select the 3 dots on the right up corner when in the steps screen

- Select "select steps data to show"

- Select "Smartphone"

- Go again to the 3 dots and put the step on pause so the step from smarthphone won't be counted anymore

- Now go again to "select steps data to show" and select your wrist device 

Done

0 Likes