Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro ANC & "white noise"

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:45 PM)
shamaneatingramen
Apprentice
Options

Received the Galaxy Buds Pro direct from Samsung yesterday.

ANC won't activate when moving the slider to ANC on the Wearables app, no difference in noise cancelling from when the slider is at 'off'.

When in ANC or ambient mode there is a constant white noise in the left ear. Also, when in ANC mode, whenever background noise increases in volume the white noise also increases in volume.

31 REPLIES 31
Cianid
Journeyman
Options

Samsung any comments?

0 Likes
Ejay Fernandez
Student
Options

I just received mine yesterday, same as yours, directly from Samsung. 

Both the ANC and Ambient Mode works, but the white noise won't go away. I found out that once you turn on either of the modes and the white noise comes in, you'll have to take the bud off your ear and you'll notice that the noise will go away. But it will happen again the next time.

The left earbud is really something, I think. I am not sure if it's a factory defect since there are at least 10 people in this forum that are experiencing the same issue. I hope the next few updates will relieve these issue since the buds aren't a cheap upgrade, and we deserve some good quality buds, I think--besides, these are supposed to be "PRO". 😩

mozzy
Pioneer
Options
Got mine the other day and have the exact same thing, there are quite a few posts about it actually. Hope another update can solve it 🤞
0 Likes
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
I concur. Got mine directly from Samsung too and have the exact same issue 😦
0 Likes
Highness
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue and I just bought them. I really hope they update it since I tried EVERYTHING. It seems to go away when the buds are outside the case and disconnected for 10 mins or so. But then it comes again after some minutes. Must be a software problem

0 Likes
Redbluespot
First Poster
Options

I also got this problem. It happened today when I updated my Galaxy Buds Pro today. I bought them last week but right after the update the issue began.

It sounds like constant wind blowing in the right Galaxy Bud Pro when ANC or Ambient mode is on.

Samsung need to address this issue as soon as possible. I bought them for the ANC. Now the ANC is unusable.

0 Likes
pete991
First Poster
Options

My new BUDS PRO direct from Samsung - have background white noise when ambient mode is turned on - this is noticeable at medium and as you increase to high it gets worse - both buds affected - returned and new buds issued but with exactly same issue - Samsung is this normal or a expected ? When I attended the service centre the staff said his own Buds Pro didnt have the problem and with completely without any white noise 

0 Likes
Cianid
Journeyman
Options

The problem will not be solved by firmware update. You should ask samsung service about earbuds replacement. Warranty covers it. I used to visit service twice: 1) They replaced left and right bud with the new one due to white noise in the right bud. 2) After that replacement I noticed a wind  buzz in the right bud. For this case service reinstall the latest firmware manually and the problem disappeared

0 Likes
Tanguy B
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue that happened two weeks after buying them.

Such a bad quality, remind me the Battery issues on the S10 release..

0 Likes
Ejay Fernandez
Student
Options

MAJOR EDIT : This issue, I think, has been fixed kow that the latest software update has been released in the Galaxy Wearable app. The ANC and Ambient Mode now works perfectly without any issue (white noise in either buds). Just check the latest updates and update the software, then that will do the magic. 

Finally, they managed to fix this issue, since more and more users have been replying to this thread sharing their bad experience with the product.

Hoping everyone fixes their issue with this , too. Have a great day and stays afe, everyone! 😁Software Update InformationSoftware Update Information

0 Likes