Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds pause then play from different app

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 04:18 AM)
Twistytree
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Love my galaxy Buds with my S10+.

Every time I pause my podcast using the touchpad on the bud itself,t it pauses fine but the buds play from my audiobook app when I unpause. The only way I can play my podcast again is to take my phone out and press play.

Is this a setting issue I'm missing or app based?

Using Listen for audiobooks and pocketcasts for podcasts.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Twistytree! Is this happening only wiht this specific Audiobook app or with other apps too? Also, make sure that the Galaxy Buds are fully up to date by heading to: Galaxy Wearable app > About earbuds > Update earbuds software > Download and install. Also, turn your Bluetooth off and on, on your S10+; wait about 20 seconds and then turn it back on. 

0 Likes
gorriepa
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem as well. The buds are up to date and I have disconnect and reconnected bluetooth. Any app that I am in (Netflix, Youtube, Spotify, ect..) and pause using the side of my bud, when I try to play again using the bud my audiobook app plays.

0 Likes
kesmon
First Poster
Options

Any resolution to this?  

Sometimes it will play audiobook app or podcast app or Amazon music.    It seems l like it just randomly picks an app.

0 Likes
SmellsLikeMI
First Poster
Options

i'm experiencing the same issue. everything is up to date. it's very frustrating and defeats the purpose of being able to press pause and play on the headphones. i'm considering going back to my old galaxy buds or switching to a completely different brand of ear buds.

0 Likes
atatatak
First Poster
Options
I to am having this problem.
It seems to have nothing to do with the buds/headphones (I've tried several) and seems to be an internal problem with the phone.
0 Likes
PopulationUno
Apprentice
Options
I have S10 Note Lite and BeatsX BT headphones. same exact thing. This also happens on my Alexa. Podcast app is Podcast Addict and is my default player when any Bluetooth audio device is connected. Smart Audiobook Player is my AB player.
0 Likes
PopulationUno
Apprentice
Options
Just found a solution if you use Smart Audiobook Player. When in the app and you have the book controls displayed. Goto top right three dots. Select Settings > Troubleshooting > Decoder. Select System. Fixed this problem immediately.
snicksN10
First Poster
Options

Thank you! I use Smart Audiobook Player and this was exactly the fix.

0 Likes
PopulationUno
Apprentice
Options
Glad I could help. My two favourite audio apps are Smart AP and Podcast Addict. I felt a moral obligation to support others who love these apps. 😁👍