Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Live connection issues

(Topic created on: 17-12-2020 03:10 AM)
The_sandman
Explorer
Options
Bought my buds live a couple of days ago and they're great except I'm having lots of trouble with their connection with my phone.

Indoors 90% of the time they work fine, even at a decent distance away. But the moment I step outside with them I instantly get audio stuttering and then the left bud will disconnect and cycle through the connect and disconnection sound. This happens even if im holding the phone right up at head height.

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues and if its a software problem more than hardware?

Note9 128GB Midnight Black

Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tab s5e Wi-Fi

20 REPLIES 20
CarlB
Explorer
Options
I've had similar issues with my buds live. As you have stated, inside all is well but as soon as you go out for a run then they become unusable.
The situation is exactly the same when used with GW3/Spotify. It's got to a point that I've purchased a iPhone x and am now back to using my powerbeats Pro.
I've posted a comment on how bad the connection issues are.
NishantKadian
Journeyman
Options

Facing the same issue. Currently using buds live with galaxy watch 3. This is very frustrating.

BrownSugar79
First Poster
Options
Similar problem when using my Active 2 out walking or running. I've found that it seems to depend on which bud is set as the primary bud when you take them out of the case. Usually it seems to set the primary bud as the right one by default which causes the problem as my watch is on my left. I've found I have to walk away from the right bud. Usually 20 metres, then reconnect the watch when the connection drops out to the left bud setting it as the main bud. I can then connect the right bud and I have no connection issues.
The_sandman
Explorer
Options
Just in case anyone else was curious, I may have solved my own problem.

It seems you really have to follow the instructions on how to to the buds in your ears. if I put them in more upright as in the image shown in the wearable app, the connection issues have gone away for me.

I guess having too much of the buds 'inside' your ears causes the connection to get flaky outdoors.

it feels like you've not got them in properly at 1st, but they've stayed in no problem 👌🏼

Note9 128GB Midnight Black

Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tab s5e Wi-Fi

Max153
First Poster
Options

I have similar problem even indoor when im playing game or videos one ear keep reconnecting

HSS1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Always the left bud.... very frustrating!

ChuckT47
First Poster
Options

I just got mine for Christmas and am having the same problems outside, day or night whenever I am passing through areas of shadows like sunlight filtering through the trees. Inside,  it's  totally fine but outside they're nearly unusable. I'd have a hard time recommending these to anyone who runs or walks outside. I've updated the software and tried withand without my watch connected via Bluetooth but this is a lot like the problems I experienced with the IconX ear buds.  Has anyone been able to fix this? I even tried turning off the touch controls.

0 Likes
Jonnym2000
Student
Options
Hello to all, came looking for answers to my problem and could have written the original post myself. left ear drops out constantly when outside but right is stable all the time. indoors all is well in both ears. the fit shouldn't be that critical. I'm going to contact Samsung directly for answers
Tsukioshi
First Poster
Options

i dont know why my bud live connection work on home a little bit skip or cut off but when i go out the connection is bad and auto disconnect even i holding my phone and skip/cut off alot and i try to delete reset all but does not work and when i at home it work fine 90% i think, how to solve this and use it whether i outside or at home ? 

0 Likes