Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds+ BTS edition lost chibi animation

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 11:28 AM)
ijaavis
Student
Options
I just updated my buds+ software on my BTS edition Galaxy Buds+ and the animation that was unique to these headphones (the little chibi jumping out from the case/the chibi pushing the case) when connecting to the phone has disappeared. Has anyone else lost the animation? Is there a way of getting it back? 
3 REPLIES 3
Heejin
First Poster
Options

Hey army. Same problem here. Did you solve it

0 Likes
ijaavis
Student
Options
Haven't solved it, unfortunately. I think with the update, the animation of the chibis got removed.
0 Likes
JaeH
Apprentice
Options

Not sure if you found a solution already but I will post what worked for me and I still have the animation. Just in case, make sure everything is updated (Wearables app, SmartThings app, ect.) and that your Buds and Case are charged at least 30%. I did not unpair my Buds for this and it worked for me. With the Buds in the case and case closed do the following:

1. Turn OFF Bluetooth
  2. Turn ON Nearby Device Scanning (I found it in Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings)
  3. Put your BTS Buds Case near your phone, open the case, and wait a few seconds.
  4. The TinyTans animation should appear on your phone and ask you to connect to your device.
  5. Click Connect and the animation will change to the TinyTans connection animation. You should have the animation from now on when your Buds connect to your phone.
  6. You can turn off Nearby Device Scanning and your Bluetooth should be automatically turned back on.