Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy 5 Watch Pro can't be used with Super Fast Wireless Charger Duo

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 04:09 AM)
ptauger
Apprentice
Options

Updated: It can, indeed, work with the Duo Charger.  You can flip the strap around so that the watch back is on the outside and then pull up a bit on the straps wear they are attached to the watch.  The watch back will then lie flat on the charger and everything works just fine!

I took advantage of the trade-in offer and ordered the Galaxy 5 Watch Pro in grey.  It came with the Charger Duo.  However, because of the strap which comes with the grey version (which I like very much), it can't be fully opened without.  This makes it impossible to use with Charger Duo.  What's the point of offering a free charger that doesn't work with the phone?  Fortunately, the magnetic charging pads that were included with the Galaxy 4 Classic appear to work, but, really!  This doesn't seem to have been thought out well at all.

21 REPLIES 21
Ade0410
Explorer
Options
I'm going to change the strap to the extreme sports one I have on my watch 4 Classic which will fit. So shouldn't be an issue hopefully.
0 Likes
Otter5
Student
Options

Agree, just got mine and I had to chuckle at the absurdity of it. we will give you a $80 charger to use with it, but you have to remove your band each time... or... or, hear me out, use the hidden charger in the box that you currently use with your other watch. man... now I have one more corded item... irritating.
insert office guy being tossed out window meme.

Gareee
Student
Options

I found a simple solution to the problem. Connect the band over the phone face. This moves it out of the way so the watch can lay flat on the duo charger. (This also works power sharing on the S22 ultra as well. :winking-face:

terminic
First Poster
Options

I am not sure how this helps make it easier.

Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
There's no joined up thinking at Samsung. I imagine a million different departments so doing their own thing and ignoring the rest
0 Likes
Solution
Jakeharvey
Student
Options

You can just turn the gray band inside out without disconnecting it to charge it. 

ptauger
Apprentice
Options

I just tried it.  You're absolutely right!  You also have to pull up on each side of the band so that the watch lies flat, but it works!

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
Otter5
Student
Options

Im not sure I understand. I turn it inside out so the metal fastener is above the watch face and it still sits half inch or so above the charger. tried sliding it over to the edge, resting on the phone, setting phone on the watch helps but then phone doesnt charge...  still seems like a silly design flaw. maybe they will sell the half in charging spacer for another 80.

0 Likes
ptauger
Apprentice
Options

You need to pull up on both straps where they are attached to the watch.  This will let the watch lie flat.

0 Likes