Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Battery Drain - Gear S3 Frontier V4.0.0.2 R760XXU2DSA1

(Topic created on: 27-02-2019 03:23 PM)
SGetz
First Poster
Options

After a full charge, I put the watch on in the morning and it goes down to 75-85% by the end of the day.

But a few hours after taking it off, the battery is at 15-20%.

"Samsung Health" seems to consume close to 50% of the battery if checked during the day.

This happened since upgrading to V4.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
You might wish to disable some features, features that take a lot of energy are for example: Constant heartrate Censor, WiFi, GPS, Always On Display.
0 Likes
SGetz
First Poster
Options

Already disabled.

Same settings I had before upgrading the software, yet I did not have this problem before.

0 Likes
Desdemina
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy watch. The last few days I can't even get through the day. The only thing that seems to be eating battery is Samsung Health, but even that is only about 15% (still WAY too high IMHO).

I've just restored to factory settings and we'll see if that helps. I don't know that it would, but it's like Microsoft. If all else fails, turn it off and on again! (Or in this case, restore to factory settings)

0 Likes
Sbaker63
First Poster
Options

So its draining faster now on 4.0 then what it was before you updated? I think I better not update then to Tizen 4. It seems these Samsung watches are nothing but junk and you pay 300.00 for *****.

Desdemina
First Poster
Options

Actually, since the factory reset, it's much better. It only used 15% today. So whatever setting or app I had that was chewing up my battery seems to be removed and it's good now.

0 Likes
SGetz
First Poster
Options

Was using a simple watch face that gave me up to 3 days using earlier versions of the Gear 3 os.

The update to 4.0.0.2 caused a huge "battery drain".

Switched to another watch face, and now I am getting better battery life.

I guess the old watch face I was using did not work well with newer os.

0 Likes