Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable sleep tracking app

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 07:42 PM)
Llynne
First Poster
Options

I have just got the Galaxy Fit watch. The battery goes down quite a bit overnight and I believe it is the sleep tracking. Is there any way to disable sleep tracking? The only solution I have is to take the watch off at night, which I can do as I’m not worried about tracking sleep, only the strap is not all that easy to take on and off so I’d rather keep it on and only remove when necessary.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
mb2706
Pioneer
Options
Do you close the wearable app when not using, this I found this to be a big drain. Also have you checked the the battery section in about watch in the wearable app, this may give more clues as to what is causing the drain
0 Likes
doingmything
Journeyman
Options
I found my display was set to always on which drained the battery, perhaps change that settings. you can also set to power saving at night.
0 Likes
Llynne
First Poster
Options

The wearable app is pretty much always closed, only open when I use the app. During the day the watch battery goes down 3-5%. At night it is about 10-12%. If I don’t wear the watch at night it goes down about 1%. I don’t appear to have the option in the wearable app to see what is draining the battery but I’m pretty sure it is sleep monitoring that is doing it. 

0 Likes
Llynne
First Poster
Options

How do I change the watch to power saving at night? I can’t find the option in the app.

0 Likes
doingmything
Journeyman
Options
I swipe down then press the top middle icon like a clock.

20201230_193819_7405.jpg

0 Likes
doingmything
Journeyman
Options
sorry, thats to turn screensaver on, if you swipe down then left, you will get a battery symbol in the top middle, that should work. I think you can also use a bixby routine to automatically do this for you
0 Likes
doingmything
Journeyman
Options
this is on the watch screen not app
0 Likes
Llynne
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I hadn’t discovered the swipe down even though I’d found the settings in the wearable app. I don’t appear to have a power save option which is a bit disappointing.

0 Likes
NitaH
Student
Options

I know it's several years later but I really wish there was a way to disable sleep tracking. 😅 I use Watch3 and sadly the auto sleep tracking is a complete mess. Apparently I'm asleep when I use my laptop, asleep when I read and asleep when I watch TV. According to the watch. 🫣 I have to go in and remove so many false sleep recordings every afternoon/evening if I forgot to turn my watch off or take it off my wrist. So annoying. I still want my watch to give me notifications and track pulse and stress, just not the fake sleeps! 🙄 I somehow never had this issue with my Gear S2, which also auto-tracked sleep ... 

0 Likes