Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting supplied watch 4 faces

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 01:40 PM)
Dave T
Student
Options

Hi, have bought galaxy watch 4 classic which is great. Only a slight annoyance - I cannot seem to delete the existing supplied watch faces on watch or mobile Galaxy Wearable app. Also, Facer and Watchmaker faces only take two spaces on the watch face selection.

Can anyone help in deleting supplied faces from watch?

5 REPLIES 5
Gadgetonomy
Explorer
Options
You can't delete the pre installed watch faces, they are baked into the ROM. It's annoying as they aren't the most attractive faces. Not sure why Samsung doesn't employ someone to create better designs for their expensive smartwatches.
I only have a TIZEN based Watch 3, but you can hide faces you don't like in the wearables app, not sure if it's possible with the Wear OS version.
Dave T
Student
Options

Thanks for reply. Some of the pre installed faces include: Kitten, green/yellow dog, bear in polo neck, bald girls head (!), beaver(?), 3 heads (multinational theme I presume). Were these faces designed for a three year old?

Maybe Samsung could incorporate a delete face  function in a future software upgrade.

K2kv
Journeyman
Options

So true, having the ability to hide unwanted watchfaces would be a great and simple feature.

After all, many of us who wear these watches are actual adults...

smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
A workaround would be to implement a "favourite" collection of faces. Being able to delete seems the most intuitive and logical thing to do though.
But again, the Samsung's guru put his nose into this development... With 1 single ideology: what can we do to copy Apple? What can we do to push for MY vision MY tools and make sure our consumers can't do what they want with even just the OS customization? It's like a dictature, we want you to use only what is produced by US. Because WE know better than you what is better for you. And NO, using OUR devices isn't enough.
It's even anti-trust questionable.
Samsung product's geniuses, 1 thing I could tell you is: you want to beat the competition, think out of the box and do differently.
0 Likes
smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Eh @Samsung have you heard about cognitive load? Why product managers implemented customization features all around the world? Because when a consumer wants to tweak to his needs and preferences, it's most of the time to decrease his cognitive load when he is using your product.
But you're doing the opposite 🤷🏻
Is a deletion button to remove some resources really that complex?