Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot link replacement earbud

(Topic created on: 17-11-2023 04:22 PM)
MartyP123
Apprentice
Options
Please can someone assist me with my replacement Earbud.
I have recently purchased a replacement Earbud and have followed the Samsung guidance on their website which is to place them in the charging case and hold both touch pads for 7 or more seconds.
No matter what I try they simply will not marry together.
Both Earbuds appear in my Bluetooth device list with 2 separate codes and I have no idea where to go from here.
Any help would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MartyP123
Apprentice
Options
Please see both device are found by phone but simply will not link together as one Screenshot_20231117_144801_Galaxy Wearable.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @MartyP123. I think you might be referring to one of our guides that was produced for a different region.

If you'd lost or damaged one of your Buds, it'd normally require a chargeable repair to be raised, so that our engineers could pair your two Buds.

As you've already acquired a separate Bud, however, you might wish to reach out to our Support Teams to assess your options:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Alternatively, if you have one close to you (or if you're prepared to travel, and can perhaps arrange it around a city break), you might wish to book an appointment at a Samsung Experience Store to get the Buds paired:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-experience-store/locations/

Please let us know when you get this resolved.

0 Likes
MartyP123
Apprentice
Options
Hi @PaulM1.
Thank you for your response and taking the time to read my post.
I have since discovered the problem (though not yet solved it) that the newly purchased Earbud has an older software (R170XXU0ASJ2) and my current Earbud has the latest software update (R170XXU0ATF2), I discovered this by connecting the Earbuds separately one at a time in the Wearable app and selecting "About earbuds" and tapping on the model number several times until the screen in the below attachment appears and tapping "request" which gives the information.
It is not possible to update the older eardbud as the app requires that both earbuds be connected to the app in order to update and I cannot connect both because they won't pair together due to the software issue.
I am not sure why Samsung have created this major flaw nor am I sure if they would be willing to fix it. I will attempt to find a way to force update the single newly purchased Earbud to the latest software. In the event this fails I will consider taking it up with Samsung to see what they can do, if anything. I won't hold my breath.
I have left this message for others to read in case anyone else might be experiencing the same issue and do not understand why they cannot pair their replacement earbud.

Thank you again for your message and suggestions @PaulM1, it is greatly appreciated.Screenshot_20231117_170248_Galaxy Buds Manager.jpgScreenshot_20231117_170426_Galaxy Buds Manager.jpg
0 Likes