Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stop my Watch4 showing message content?

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 04:36 AM)
kiszcat
Explorer
Options
I've just upgraded to the Watch4 from the Active but when I get a message notification, it opens and shows the content automatically. I had the Active set to just show the name but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this on the new one. 
I Googled it and it would seems others have asked the same thing but no solution, it doesn't seem to have that option.
Any ideas?
Thanks
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
DYAN69
Journeyman
Options
Is it not ur particular watch face that ur using? It may have something to do with it, as I have the rose gold face and have to swipe to see everything. Search in ur settings on either ur phone or watch and I'm pretty sure that u will get the option to have an orange dot for notifications that u have to swipe. I have noticed that turning my bluetooth on and off helps with some issues too .... Hope this is of some help to u
DYAN69
Journeyman
Options
Only opens notifications with a swipe right 20211029_092421_12944.jpg
0 Likes
kiszcat
Explorer
Options
I have the orange dot enabled but basically as soon as a message comes in it shows it. I will look in to the face thing and see if that helps. I only got it yesterday so only have set up one face. Thank you.
DYAN69
Journeyman
Options
Oh ok, that could be the answer then, I've only had mine 4 days too, but I did notice that on the different watch faces I tried, some opened my reminders automatically, others opened messages, but as soon as I changed it to Rose Gold face, I had to swipe! Maybe over the next few days give some different watch faces a try, and if that doesn't work, try changing the settings for ur watch using just ur phone, or just ur watch, I found that chopping and changing which device settings I used, confused the watch too! They're moody little things! Lol... Good luck 👍😊
0 Likes
DYAN69
Journeyman
Options
Ps ur very welcome
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Toggle this and one belowScreenshot_20211030-051322_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_31832.jpg
0 Likes
kiszcat
Explorer
Options
I don't have that option. I had that on the last watch. Screenshot_20211030-215608_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_38320.jpg
0 Likes
kiszcat
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately, not working so far....😔
DYAN69
Journeyman
Options
Ah no! I hope u manage to find out, I know it's a pain waiting but have u tried the Samsung live chat on their website?
0 Likes