Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call and text on other devices

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 04:30 PM)
funtime
Journeyman
Options
Hi since I recently received the andriod 13 update on my fold 3 the call and text on other devices has stopped working ie it won't let me swith it off or on saying cannot connect ty later an as I have a galaxy watch 5 lte I sor of need it anyone else having this issue
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@funtime: Please be aware that the Call & text on other devices feature is intended for use with Samsung tablets, and is not required to access the network features of your Galaxy Watch 5. If you have activated the eSIM on your watch, then you can head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks, and select 'Auto' to automatically use your watch's mobile network when it is disconnected from your phone. 

0 Likes
funtime
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your feed back
0 Likes
davepb
Navigator
Options
From my understanding, "calls & texts on other devices" only works with the Bluetooth version of the Galaxy Watch 5.
At least it did when I had the Bluetooth version of the Galaxy Watch 4.

I have the LTE version of the Watch 5 Pro and had to purchase an esim.
Also, I had to make sure "Remote Connection" was turned on in the Galaxy Wearable app.
0 Likes
funtime
Journeyman
Options
yes I also have a esim and remote connection is switch on but you also need call and text on to use the same no as your mobile phone but my issue is when you open remote connections there are two menus that need to be on the top one which is "remote connection" which is on and underneath "calling" which also should be on but since the andriod 13 update it won't switch on and is now saying carrier not supported and " cannot connect please try later "which it has never done before.
my watch is registered on the network okay and I get 4G but it will only let me make emergency calls only