Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro Ear Infections

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 07:10 PM)
WheyAyeAndy
First Poster
Options

I bought my partner the Buds Pro not long after they first came out, very quickly she developed what seemed to be an ear infection. She didn't wear them until the "infection" cleared up and wore again. Obviously with what everyone knows now the same thing happened again. I did change the silicone tips to foam from Comply to fit this product but the symptoms carried on. Samsung refunded my money and sent the buds back.

Now it seems the latest the Buds Pro 2 are also causing the same problem, which I'm led to believe that it's the material used in the charging points which are causing an allergic reaction. I'll hold my hands up, I don't know all the facts but my partner has a nickel allergy and these buds are not working for her. Apart from the severe uncomfortable lengthy reaction these buds are causing the actual product for me is very good, sound, quality, all that. Very good.

But what I do wish to ask is to anyone that suffered the same reaction, what did you go to? Are there any buds that don't cause such a reaction? I've looked at a few but don't want to go cause another reaction. Something with great sound, but don't cause of of the problems? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Alexm5
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue, with initial irritation followed by the unpleasant effects of liquid ear deposit and flaking. To verify that it was the earbuds, I waited for it to clear up and repeated using them in one ear only with the same issue. This really seems to be an issue with the selected material or some chemical on the bud pro 2 variant as I have tried many earbuds without fault. Is there a customer service number to request a refund for these? I am surprised I have not seem any statement from Samsung given that this is not an isolated incident. I read an article from someone who goes through their experience in detail- https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-pro-ear-infections

Rd16
Journeyman
Options

Cleaning them has nothing to do with this issue. We all have taken the advise and cleaned them thoroughly.  

0 Likes
Rd16
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same experience.  Buds live does not irritate my ears.  However, for sound quality it is an inferior product

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Like I said this works for me! I do stipulate it may not work for anyone else..
0 Likes
PascalFR
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. I have the Buds Pro 2 and I can't use them because of allergic reactions.

According to what I read, the allergy is probably due to the acrylate used for the buds body (in polycarbonate), rather than the nickel. There is no nickel on the charging contacts, which are gold-plated. There is nickel in the speaker mesh which is made of stainless steel, though.

Sources:

0 Likes