Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth don't stop to try to connect to another phone

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 03:39 PM)
J_Martins
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

My Galaxy Watch 4 was previously connected to my professional Android smartphone.

A few days ago I bought a new personal Android phone and connected the Galaxy Watch 4 to this personal phone.

The problem is that when I have bluetooth connected on my professional phone both phone and smartwatch try to connect eachother and this don't stop until I swith the smartphone bluetooh Off, but I need to have it On to connect to my car, my buds, etc.

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You could look at Bluetooth settings on your phone. Click the cog beside the offending device and uncheck the auto connect option. In advanced settings you can block devices. There are probably settings in Galaxy wearable that let you adjust settings. I checked mine but I don't have a galaxy watch but did a screenshot from my buds settings. Hope this helps but someone may know an easier way. If you no longer want to connect to certain devices you could try going into your Bluetooth settings and in the settings you could click forget on the devices you no longer want to connect to?Screenshot_20220916-235621_Settings_22255_1663369205.jpg
J_Martins
Apprentice
Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your help.

I blocked Galaxy Watch connection on the smartphone, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Screenshot_2022-09-17-14-04-53-756_com.android.settings.jpg

The smartwatch keeps trying to connect the smartphone!

Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It is my understanding that you cannot connect the watch to two phones. The watch has to be reset when connecting to a new phone.

So, I imagine that you want to keep the watch on your personal phone. The way to stop the professional phone trying to connect to the watch is deleting the bluetooth device from it.

On your professional phone:

Open the bluetooth setting by sliding down the quick panel and pressing the bluetooth icon until the BT settings are opened. You should have a list of all devices that are paired to phone. Touch the cog next to the watch on the right of the screen and it will open some more settings where at the bottom there are three option, the one on right of the screen is unpair, touch it and unpair the watch with the professional phone. That should stop the professional phone trying to connect to the watch. 

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe there is a way of changing the Bluetooth settings in the watch itself to forget the phone? I wouldn't know how to do this though other than your watch settings in the galaxy wearable app maybe?
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

If you wish to remove a bluetooth device from the watch:

slide the finger from the top to bottom to open the Quick Panel, find the bluetooth icon, touch it until it opens the bluetooth settings, find the device you want to remove, touch the gear on the right of the device and touch unpair.

if the bluetooth icon is not on the quick panel, then touch settings gear on the quick panel. 

Touch on Connections - Bluetooth and the find the device to remove and unpair as described above.

In the same way, you could pair a new bluetooth device by touching scan at the bottom of the bluetooth settings, find the device and pair it accordingly. 

SimesSimes
Student
Options

I have no such option 'auto connect' to check/uncheck for any BT device. S22 regular.