Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active watch 2 issues

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 10:19 AM)
agentwalker
First Poster
Options

Just got the active watch 2 44mm.

I had the first one for about 2 days from launch then decided to return it because after setting the heart rate monitor to continually monitor it gave incorrect readings.

So jump forward to today and tried my luck with the watch 2.

First issue, the strap length is too long for me. To get the strap to fit I need to create another notch about 2-3 notch spaces further up. Didn't have this problem with the Original Active watch.

Not sure I want to puncture a hole in the strap, done samsung provide any small straps for the 44mm?

The next issue goes back to the original active watch with the heart rate monitor.

If I take a manual reading i'm getting 62 - 69 range. If I set it to continually monitor i'm getting 115 - 130.

4 REPLIES 4
Spyder7
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with the wrist strap being too big for the 44mm. The 40mm demo at Best Buy fit perfectly and they told me there were 2 wrist straps in the box: small and medium/large. Not so much! I went back the the store the next day and noticed the 40mm had the smaller size strap. When I tried to order the strap off the Samsung store there was NO specification to the strap size so I opted to order a cheap knock off from Amazon that was for small wrists. Samsung needs to address the measurements on thier website! Why they would only include a larger band for the 44mm is a fail. 

0 Likes
Mertsc
First Poster
Options

jup same here, but these are pricy like 30 euros for a straps, and the watch only costed me allready 320 euro, little sad that they not added to straps in the box, and also no power supply to charge the watch only a usb cord

0 Likes
Judyyu26
First Poster
Options

I just got the active 2 44mm and I have the same problem with the leather band! I emailed them about this issue and they answered "
As it is manufactured to fit on any hand, please also tighten it and insert the pin in the correct adjustment hole. Please make sure it would not affect your wrist by following the steps mentioned on pages 19, 20 of the user manual below". I tried to reply to the email but doesn't work. I guess I need to send a new email or just return it... very disappointed

0 Likes
Ga1e
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with Active 2 44mm. It gets more annoying when I go for my jog, the watch will slipped to one side, it cannot stay at the correct position.

I've Googled online and also noted there are lots of people facing this issue. 

SAMSUNG ought to address this, either consider to add additional holes for new straps or offer a service to punch addition holes for consumers who require it. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

SAMSUNG, for your consideration. I prefer to get the original strap should you come up the new ones with more holes or shorter in length and to pay for punch hole service should there be one. Of course, it will be value added service if is FOC. I've been a loyal customer since I started using Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I deliberately bought Active watch to go with my current Samsung S9+ when my friends tried to brainwash me to get the Garmin watch instead. 

0 Likes