Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Watch will not turn off

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 05:20 PM)
Rtstocking
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have searched the entire forum for the issue of not being able to turn my G3 off. I have the latest update I have searched the web and come up with nothing. Basically about one month ago my watch no matter what method try simply will not turn off. Any advice? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Rtstocking: Please can you confirm the model number of your watch, and I will take a look at this for you? In the meantime, try pressing the Home/Power button for around 3 seconds, or until some power options appear on screen, and tap Power Off. 

0 Likes
Rtstocking
First Poster
Options

Andrew, model GearS3 (E6E5)

Model SM-R770

I tried the Home/Power button many times with no luck it goes to the Samsung pay app, same thing if I press both buttons for 3 sec and the lower button doesnt do anything pressing alone. It worked good one month ago, no water damage. Thanks again 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rtstocking: Just to check, can you try pressing the Home/Power button for around 7 seconds or more, to see if you're able to force a restart? If this doesn't work, you may wish to try returning the watch to its default settings, although please be aware that this will remove any personal data from the device. In order to proceed, head to Apps > Settings > Gear Info > Reset Gear. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Mikimkki80
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. Samsung probably in the last update intentionally blocked the HOME button so that some "people would consider it a damage to a several-year-old smartwatch and buy a new one.
The button works, to display the option to turn off you must first press HOME and while holding it, press and hold the BACK button for 4 second. To access the list of installed applications, you need to hold the HOME button and click the BACK button.
0 Likes