Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume keeps increasing or decreasing after pressing volume up or down once.

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 04:54 AM)
FlashAllen
First Poster
Options

So as said in the topic when I press volume up or volume down once the sound will just keep going in that direction untill I press it again to stop it. It's quite annoying and I've had this TV for barely a month... It's a QN65Q60R. I have an LG soundbar hooked up to it via optical cable and the TV controls it. I'm using the TV's remote to operate the setup. The TV itself works beautifully but this glitch can be a pain in the butt. It started happening out of nowhere. Has anyone else had this issue or know a fix?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

Yes. I have the same problem with the optical out. But it does not happen when I press up or down once. It seems to be an issue when I try to increase or decrease more than say 2-3 steps by keeping it pressed. Does not happen with the TV volume. 

Were you able to resolve this? 

0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Learned this the hard way when I increased volume on my Samsung UN43TU8000FXZA 2020 model. The TV sent a signal to my receiver to continue to increase volume to 100+ max and when I pressed play, I was blasted at full volume which in turn damaged my speakers in my home theater, damaged my hearing and gave everyone in my household a heart attack. 

We've had our share of Samsung products over the years but this was the last straw. Between our MU9000's not getting support for a number of issues including Netflix sounds playing, random shut downs of the unit itself, back and side lighting issues where you can see the led's flickering, and just a general lack of feature support for a tv that can't even support airplay/screen sharing like our newest one can. We're done with Samsung. 

Volume control should NOT continue to increase after a person stops pressing the volume up button, full stop!

Samsung will of course NOT fix this issue and will ignore it which is why we will be moving to a different TV brand.

0 Likes
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

Yes - it is a pretty big bug which is horrible when it happens and just takes out external audio options. 

0 Likes
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

Just an update:

I am using 55LS03TAK (Samsung Frame 55 inch) and today I upgraded the firmware to ver 2101.0 which was available (since Oct 13 apparently!). 

It appears to have fixed the bug. I have not tried this for too long (about 5 hrs) but I do not see it triggering in my normal use. 

occicat
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the update! Can also confirm this resolved the issue with the volume bug.