Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video stutters but audio stays fine

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 11:43 PM)
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A TV I have (ue32m5600) has developed a weird issue. The image stutters quite regularly but the audio stays, then over time the audio and video end up very out of sync. This can end up many 10s of seconds and if you change channel it goes back in sync again only to drift back out of sync. Switching off at the socket does nothing to fix it.

The other curious issue is putting it on standby can mean the screen goes off, and the audio goes to its lowest level but stays on. This doesn't happen every time but maybe once a month. Firmware is up to date and signal strength is good connected to a newly fitted aerial

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Tr1ggsy 

This is very strange! Could we just take the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, have you tried resetting the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Note, all settings will revert to the factory settings that the TV came with.

0 Likes
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

Version is T-KTSDEU-1280.5 , BT - S. I reset it and it still does weird things. I have a video of a frozen image but audio working correctly, this was only fixed with a power cycle from the socket, the remote did nothing. I will try to get a video of the audio sync drifting in and out. 

0 Likes
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

I will try to get a video of the standby issue but it's rare so may take a while to get it

0 Likes
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

I have videos, how do I send these in? 

0 Likes
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

Hi, any ideas? I've done as suggested and got videos but had no reply

0 Likes
Tr1ggsy
First Poster
Options

@ChrisM its now got toa point where I need to switch the TV off at the mains multiple times a day

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Tr1ggsy 

Are you able to add your videos on here so we can have a look? Just select the @Choose file' option at the bottom of your reply.

0 Likes
Roo21
Pioneer
Options

I recently got a full refund back from the TV through a Section 75 case opened with a credit card company.

If you bought it  with a credit card you can still get a refund and keep the TV aswell. 

Open a dispute case with your credit card company. Tell them that there's a problem with the TV from when you bought it and Samsung isn't willing to fix it. Or even send an Engineer to look at it. 

They will contact Samsung on your behalf or they will call where ever you bought the TV from. 

In my case we bought it from Curry's .

Make sure your TV is still in warranty with Samsung or where ever you bought it from and report the problem within 6 months of your purchase. Provide a receipt of proof of purchase.

Forward your credit card dispute company all this group chat info of all the customers who are unhappy with Samsung 2020 range of TV.

With this horrible STUTTER AND JUDDER NONSENSE!

Your credit card company will ask you to prove that you have tried multiple times to contact Samsung to try and resolve this issue before they will force Samsung to get an engineer to look at the issue. 

This may take a while but persevere, work with the credit company and give them what ever they ask for and then you will get a your Full Refund from Samsung or the credit card company as it is a like a loan you used to buy the TV and they are liable for any companies who fail to refund their customers if there is good reason. In this case a fault straight from Samsungs production line, also you will keep the TV aswell as receiving the refund from the credit card company.

We got £899 back from the Q80T from buying it on black Friday but those people who paid more will get more.

If Samsung Engineers lie about the situation and say there is no fault.

Just ring up your local TV repair shop and get them to look at it to confirm the nonsense. 

You may have to pay for the check up but it should be well worth it. 

Have a lovely day. Don't stress, Get to work.  I wish you your Full Refund back and more.

Love to you guys and tell Samsung to stick to making phones and other tech not 4K high resolution TVs 

LG had the right idea quiting phones. 

And no one likes Bixby get it in your heads already and stop forcing people to update and download bloatwares  they don't NEED! which slow down your phone!

0 Likes