Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice command not working properly

(Topic created on: 16-09-2017 09:24 PM)
andiavil
Student
Options

During the past few days when i perform most voice commands (especially "channel X", "volume commands", what time is it" etc) that used to work, it now opens a new window with suggested search results with youtube videos. (Even for general questions, it used to bring google results, not Youtube!!!)

I have tried everything (even Settings/General/Start Setup), keeping the channel settings though, but still have not managed to resolve the issue, which is really annoying because I can not even change chanels by voice commands,

I also re-installed Youtube (it cannot be removed), but the problem remained. I also called called t

What is the solution offered by samsung?

4 REPLIES 4
Clancy76
First Poster
Options

Same for me. 

Worked well couple of weeks. 

Started to behave exactly as you describe  

all command work well - even channel up , channel down etc. but specific channel like "channel 17" or "17" which worked well - now open a search window with YouTube results. 

Very annoying. 

Any breakthrough with solving this? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Robertfox
First Poster
Options
I tried some of the same then read a thread saying just unplug tv for a minute then plug it back in sure enough my voice command works fine for now. thanks to all. foxthread
JohnTs
Journeyman
Options

In my case, I noticed that commands like:

channel #

volume #

work only if I select English as the set's language. 

If i select other language, that is GREEK in my case in order to display EPG properly, I lose functionality of the above commands, as the tv tries to search YouTube instead. 

Interestingly, volume up, volume down, channel up and channel down continue to work, despite the language change. 

I noticed the disclaimer that some voice commands may not work (without specifying which), but using a set with such a simple remote (only up/down) it is convenient to be able to change channels via voice commands, at least in English. 

Samsung appears to chosen to deliver a work in progress, than a concistent functional voice command system. 

RaulJurj
First Poster
Options
Thank you a lot.It worked for me now.
0 Likes