Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Using Sky Stream with Samsung Smart remote

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 03:39 PM)
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Wondering if anyone has been able to set up the Sky Stream puck as a device with their Samsung TV (in my case the QN900B) and control the Sky Stream box using the Samsung smart remote?

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Just tried the instructions, and it works! I had to enter a model number of something like IP061-Efant. The Samsung remote then controls the Sky puck!

0 Likes
Sprugdwagg
First Poster
Options

Hi This didn't work for me, the only deviation from your instructions was that I had to select Sky SD (North West) not just Sky SD. Any additional help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

Same. Maybe I'm missing a step. 

I plug in the box and set it up as Sky SD (London). 

But I don't understand how you get to enter a device name or get any up/down checks. 

I do have the channel speed option.

Also, I'm not too sure how this will work even when connected, because I use the home button all the time on the sky stream remote, but if I press home on the smart remote it will open the app rail on the TV. 

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

It's probably different on differing Samsung models, but on ours you can go to the universal remote bit and add a device (or remove and re-add). It walks you through trying various configuration sets to change the channel. After about the 4th try you can instead enter the device details and search. That's where I entered the above.

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

Got it working thanks!

Play/pause and channel up/down work great.

I can only access home screen and playlist by hitting enter and going all the way to the end of the now and next banner and selecting tvguide.

Is there another way?

maddogg69
Apprentice
Options

This works perfectly, thanks! 

Samsung QN85a all connected and the smart remote controls everything 🙂

EternusCT
Student
Options

Yes, this is the Samsung Universal remote and the Sky Stream Puck

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

Very frustrating.

I had this all set up then I took the puck to my gf for a fortnight. Now it doesn't work and trying to set it up again it won't find IP061

0 Likes
Intamasica
First Poster
Options
I'm having this same issue, can't find the model number when I reach that stage of setup which is blocking me from progressing.

Did you have any luck sorting it?
0 Likes
Intamasica
First Poster
Options
My Samsung TV won't find the model number or any variation, or even suggest any from scratch. Anyone else had this issue and found a workaround. Currently blocked after two attempts of attempting the buttons as he forces you to enter a model number.
0 Likes