Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Customer Military Base Japan

(Topic created on: a month ago)
MugiCha
First Poster
Options

I purchased a 55" Samsung smart TV from a military base exchange. When I try to agree to the terms and conditions, the TV says the server is down for maintenance.  Please Try Again Later. (1544006-2) This happens when I use a VPN and when I don't use a VPN. It happens regardless of the DNS settings. I have been looking online for answers. Apparently this is some kind of IP block to punish American military personnel, civilian employees of the US government and veterans. Samsung is happy to take our money at military stores around the world but they want us to travel with the TV back to the USA in person to activate it.  If you don't want the TVs to work for military people, you shouldn't sell them to AAFES or NEX. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MugiCha I would imagine that VPN's  are often blocked in millitary,a search revealed that the issue can be with some bases using dynamic IP addresses.  If  standard Troubleshooting does not work this would be opne for your IT Department.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Nataliha92
First Poster
Options

I made an account just hopefully help you with this. I too bought a Samsung tv from the mcx overseas only to find I count set it up. VPNs wouldn’t work and Samsung was useless in troubleshooting. It’s a known issue according to these forums and Reddit and yet they continue to sell the tvs. Anywho follow this video and change the location to the us . I did it on the vpn connection so idk if that would make a difference but it did work. https://youtu.be/va7qOVXO95g?si=5mBi3pXri3ylAbnA

0 Likes