Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

universal remote and amazon firestick mu6400

(Topic created on: 18-11-2017 11:45 AM)
mjb75
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have a samsung 40mu6400. when i initially set up the tv a few months ago it automatically detected my playstation, firestick and allowed me to control the firestick with the universal remote. The firestick hdmi input even had a nice littel firestiock logo. Now somewhere down the line (i guess from samsung updates this functionailty has been lost. i just get unknown for the hdmi inputs (still detects playstation) and the universal remote wont contro the firestick anymore. I have tried manually changing the name of the hdmi port and manually setting up the univerals remote but you can't select amazon as a provider. I have tried soft reset, reset smart hub and now a full reset to factory defaults nothing has worked. this is really anoying given that it worked initially. Updates have removed functionaility instead of adding to it!! I'm on firmware version 1147 the latest over the air update. Is anybody else having this issue or does anyone have a fix? Samsung it would be great if you could resolve this issue quickly.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
creepyg
Explorer
Options

The 1147 update has introduced a range of bugs with ARC and HDMI CEC. Looks like yours is affected. You could try contacting Samsung, it's doubtful that their advice will solve your problem but the more people that flag this issue the more likely it will be fixed in a future update.

0 Likes
Holterhaus
Student
Options

@creepyg wrote:

The 1147 update has introduced a range of bugs with ARC and HDMI CEC. Looks like yours is affected. You could try contacting Samsung, it's doubtful that their advice will solve your problem but the more people that flag this issue the more likely it will be fixed in a future update.

Hi. I have a new 8000 series 65 inch curved Samsung. I have a amazon fire stick that the Samsung will recognize and will seem to setup properly. The universal remote will wok just fine for a while until I add another HDMI source to the breakout box. I will try to re-setup the fire stick but will not work with other HDMI inputs connected. Any ideas? 

Haferburg
First Poster
Options

My Samsung 65“ ue65mu8009 has the same problem! 

0 Likes
mjb75
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung support. They logged on to my tv remotly and after lots of messing about eventually fixed the problem. I believe in the end they logged onto the developer settings and reset all the hdmi ports then restarted the TV. It's been fine since then.

Vams
First Poster
Options

Restart of the firestick from the

Firestick > settings >myfire tv> restart did the trick. Have fun!

0 Likes