Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KS9000 Displaying coloured vertical lines.

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 10:26 PM)
Critical_eVeNT
Student
Options

My 55KS9000 screen is now just displaying colour vertical lines the full width of the screen.

I have read elsewhere is can be an issue with a loose or damaged cable connected to the main board?

Having has a quick look inside it, all cables connected to the main board seem fine to me with a quick visible inspection.

I have also called Samsung to arange a repair, who have put me on to my local repair agent (They are based 2 hours away so surprisingly I am still waiting on a call back)

Has anyone had this issue and managed to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Sounds more like screen defect and not LVD's cables. Screen requires replacement.
0 Likes
Critical_eVeNT
Student
Options

Possibly, but there are other areas to check before even consideing that.

I did not think it was an LVD cable but more likely an issue between the power cable and the main board connection.

If not that, then the T-con board.

If it were the screen, I would replace it with another TV. One from a brand with a better service network as this in my 2nd in as many years.

The last one did have a broken/cracked screen and the service offered then was every bit as poor.

0 Likes
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Cable between main psu will not generate lines. Tcon is integrated into mainboard as I remember. Do you have photo?
0 Likes
Critical_eVeNT
Student
Options

You maybe right, I cannot see a seperate board for Tcon.

All this is trolling though other forums, but no are specific to KS9000.

So could replacing the main board fix this issue?

a.jpg

0 Likes
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
I would realy like to see lines first before giving advise. but im 99% sure its screen defect
0 Likes
Critical_eVeNT
Student
Options

1.jpg

0 Likes
edoardocarrai
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I got the same problem. The audio and the other tv features works fine (if I use the remote i can have the audio feedback), but the screen shows like a rainbow.

How did you open the back?

Thanks

0 Likes
edoardocarrai
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I solved the problem. In my case it was one of the flat flex cables that had a burned pin.

Before detaching the cables, I could not see any issue. So try to detach the FFCs

edoardocarrai_0-1609337544157.png

I cut the extremity and scratched the last 3mm of rubber coating

edoardocarrai_1-1609337583330.png

Now the TV works perfectly.

Ciao

Critical_eVeNT
Student
Options

I will give it another look just in case, but it looks like mine is the panel that has failed. Thanks for the pictures though this will help.

0 Likes