Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE43TU7000KXXU ARC Issues

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 07:29 AM)
VIBNF
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have a UE43TU7000KXXU TV and have recently purchased a second hand Yamaha RX-V375 receiver.  I have connected the eARC HDMI socket on the TV to the ARC HDMI socket on the receiver and am experiencing a few of annoying issues:

1) When I power on and off the TV, the receiver powers on and off at the same time as it should. However, if I power on this way, the TV sound output defaults to the TV speakers and not the HDMI. I then have to go in to the settings and set the sound output to HDMI. If I turn on the receiver first and then the TV, the sound output works correctly.

2) In order to hear sound through the receiver, I have to set the 'Digital Audio Output Format' to PCM. If I set it to Auto, the sound turns off for certain things such as Netflix, BBC1 and other channels. Occasionally though, the sound is transmitted when on Auto, but then the next time the power is cycled, it goes back to needing to be set to PCM. This is very annoying as when in PCM, the receiver states that the signal format is 2.0 where a film on Netflix will be 5.1. For ease of use, I have set the output format to PCM as this works from any source (i.e. I can hear sound), but I am not getting the sound quality I should.

Thanks

VIBNF

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How to use HDMI ARC on Samsung Smart TV

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-hdmi-arc-on-samsung-smart-tv/
0 Likes