Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ue43au8000 - brightness keeps auto adjusting at start of scenes.

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 09:07 PM)
MattKB
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Bought the ue43au8000 the other day and have noticed that on Disney Plus, watching some content I get a weird shift in brightness at the start of a scene change. Example would be Thor Ragnorak on Disney Plus (tried the native app and via Fire Stick). Example video below (you can't really tell it too well on this video).

https://youtu.be/OFnch3en4Mo

I assume it's something to do with the HDR. I tried turning off the auto brightness thing in power settings, motion brightness, and tried different screen modes, and it still does it. I've also tried changing the picture mode, when the quick select menu is up, it doesn't do it, but as soon as you go back to watching normal, it does it again.

There aren't that many settings, so I can't see why it's doing it. It does it on all picture modes, Standard, Dynamic, Movie etc. There must be something obvious going on but can't see what or why. 

24 REPLIES 24
chx
First Poster
Options

This sounds really promising... however my remote doesn't seem to have any of these buttons.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/202206/20220608040237001/BN68-13792A-01_Leaflet-Remote... what would you use?

0 Likes
MattKB
Journeyman
Options

how far did you get with the guide? 
that second remote you linked to is only for the advanced options bit in the service menu. 

0 Likes
chx
First Poster
Options

I am not sure what you are asking. Second remote? this is the only remote I've got. I have different Samsung TV for sure but this is the only remote I've got. I was looking at

• Combination 1: Info, menu, mute then power button
  • Combination 2: Mute button then 1,8,2 then the power button
  • Combination 3:Display, menu, mute then power button
  • Combination 4:Display, P.STD, mute then power button

And I do not think I have any of these?

0 Likes
MattKB
Journeyman
Options

So with my tv I had two remotes. A ‘main’ one with all the buttons and the slimline one for core functions that you’ve linked to. 
You’ll need both to get to the service menu. 

0 Likes
MarkW2
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this! Finally found something a solution that worked. The dimming was an awful feature that worked in the completely opposite way to what you’d expect making dark scenes darker and light scenes lighter. This solution is bizarrely convuluted and buried in technical menus. It should be an on/off toggle in the main menus. But it works so thank you!

0 Likes