Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv switching itself to tv speaker since 25.8.2022

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 11:43 AM)
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday my Samsung QE55Q70RATXXU TV decides to ignore my sound setting is HDMi and switch itself to tv speaker. I change it back to HDMi and within 10 seconds it switches itself back to tv speaker. I've checked cables, changed ports and still it continues. I'm wondering if there's been an update that has messed the tv up?

54 REPLIES 54
chuckit
Journeyman
Options

The only work around I found...and please no one mark this as solved cause it is not.  Turn on your TV like normal on HDMI soundbar.  Turn on something like YouTube which does the TV arc.  And then go back to HDMI.  Most times it will hold on HDMI.

0 Likes
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Logged a report via TV Samsung Support and was called this morning by a Samsung helper. She took me through lots of procedures and  tried to sort it but to no avail. She has now sent me a download from August 11th 2022       (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q70RATXXU/#downloads) which I have to install via USB. 

Skywallker
Explorer
Options

That's bad. I have an appointment tomorrow, and hoped, that they could downgrade the software remotely, but it seems that they put it on consumer site, where downgrade is not possible (according to FAQ).

0 Likes
Skywallker
Explorer
Options

Yep, that helped for me too, and it is working since Thursday, but when I want to watch something from TV app (like Netflix), there is no way to get sound to AMP/Sbar, and still I need to get up and change output to HDMI eARC.

I've scheduled an appointment with Samsung tech support via TV remote support, and the guy on the phone sounded, like it can be easily repaired. Fingers crossed, and I'll share my feedback after tech support at all 1401 topics tomorrow, but for now I suggest we all should require remote support asap, just to ring more bells in Samsung HQ.

0 Likes
chuckit
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much.  Yes please give us an update on what they say.  I'll get remote support set uo as well

0 Likes
JBP3
Explorer
Options

Same here with Samsung soundbar connected to Samsung TV.

Here's what is working for me ...for now. TV Device Manager->Clean Memory Boost, then Clean Running Apps. Seems to have resolved the issue. YMMV

JBP3
Explorer
Options

Should also mention that I have to do this every time I turn on the TV. It's not been a one-and-done solution. Yes, it's pretty %$#@ing annoying, but it restores my HDMI audio.

Samschlong
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem here, started yesterday, 27-Aug. I get about 15 seconds of HDMI out until it reverts back to TV speaker out. I’ve since pulled the Ethernet cable from my tv as well as the other 3 Samsung TVs to keep auto updates from happening again. I’ll block the update URLs from my router too once this issue gets resolved. Hate that you don’t have control of products you purchase these days. Pretty crummy. 

0 Likes
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

I think everyone who is experiencing this needs to log a 'help' ticket with Samsung so they realise it is not just a  couple of 'one off' incidents. I did it through the settings of my  TV.

0 Likes
Skywallker
Explorer
Options

DELETED

0 Likes