Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus menus / rentals suddenly unavailable on new 49" MU6400

(Topic created on: 08-03-2018 09:13 AM)
MaffewE
Apprentice
Options

When I checked a couple of nights ago on my new 49" MU6400 (purchased two weeks ago), the ability to access TV Plus movie rental is no longer available. While I can view the TV Plus channels from channel 4000 onwards and the trailers that are on them, neither the menu at the bottom to select a film, nor the button to rent the film currently being 'trailed' ever appears. Selecting the 'My TV Plus' option on the hub does nothing either - it just closes the SmartHub menu, and returns me to full screen trailers.

On previous occasions when checking this service, the menus, 'My TV Plus' etc. have appeared correctly. Only a couple of days ago, I looked around the menus and noted my ten rental vouchers from the recent promotion were associated with my account. But today, nothing. So now I've got ten film rental vouchers, but no way of actually renting anything.

Have tried turning the TV on and off and logging out and in of my Samsung account, with no effect. I have also checked again yesterday and this morning, and the same issue is occurring.

It also appears I am not the only person experiencing this problem, on the basis of numerous posts reporting the same issue within the last couple of weeks on your community forum.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Tv-plus-problem/m-p/422543/highlight/true#M9366
Note the posts following that point from tonyc2584, Simon65, chuckcharl, Alaneric and MaffewE (me).

Are you able to provide any advice on how I can restore access to TV Plus, so that I am able to take advantage of the promotional vouchers?

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MaffewEwrote:

When I checked a couple of nights ago on my new 49" MU6400 (purchased two weeks ago), the ability to access TV Plus movie rental is no longer available. While I can view the TV Plus channels from channel 4000 onwards and the trailers that are on them, neither the menu at the bottom to select a film, nor the button to rent the film currently being 'trailed' ever appears. Selecting the 'My TV Plus' option on the hub does nothing either - it just closes the SmartHub menu, and returns me to full screen trailers.

On previous occasions when checking this service, the menus, 'My TV Plus' etc. have appeared correctly. Only a couple of days ago, I looked around the menus and noted my ten rental vouchers from the recent promotion were associated with my account. But today, nothing. So now I've got ten film rental vouchers, but no way of actually renting anything.

Have tried turning the TV on and off and logging out and in of my Samsung account, with no effect. I have also checked again yesterday and this morning, and the same issue is occurring.

It also appears I am not the only person experiencing this problem, on the basis of numerous posts reporting the same issue within the last couple of weeks on your community forum.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Tv-plus-problem/m-p/422543/highlight/true#M9366
Note the posts following that point from tonyc2584, Simon65, chuckcharl, Alaneric and MaffewE (me).

Are you able to provide any advice on how I can restore access to TV Plus, so that I am able to take advantage of the promotional vouchers?

Pity  that a few folk are experiencing problems. If haven't done already You could reset the Smart Hub ,Support- Picture Diagnosis-Reset Smart Hub to see if that makes any difference. Another option is Factory Reset, under General Settings-Start Set Up.  Otherwise you may need to contact Support, possibly use Remote Support.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Lee0797
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue.

Did you find out how to get this menu back up?

0 Likes