Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV intermittently not detecting YouView on HDMI

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 05:27 PM)
Harvo
First Poster
Options

Hi
I have a new Samsung QE43Q60TAUXXU and connecting it to my Huawei YouView / Freeview TV box. The box worked fine with my previous TV and with another older Samsung TV I have. With the new TV it is intermittent. Most of the time the TV switches the box on successfully but then displays "no source" on screen. It takes many attempts to get it to display and usually involves completely powering off either TV or box each time. This can't be normal! Have done a software update and also fully reset the TV back to factory settings but same keeps happening. Please help!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Carll
Journeyman
Options

I have a Q80 and a YouView box with exactly the same problem.

If you disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it to the TV, the TV will scan and find the YouView box.  Then randomly after a period of time you get the "no source" error.

0 Likes
Harvo
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same here, if you remove the hdmi cable and plug back in, the box is detected again and can be set up. It works for a day then stops.  I’ve also tried a different hdmi cable but same happens. Seems like a software issue Samsung?

0 Likes
Harvo
First Poster
Options

So, several months on this is still driving me crazy.

The box / tv intermittently work fine, but then another day, the TV will not be able to find it.  If you power on YouView, the TV automatically switches to HDMI1 as it can see the source is on, but then can't find it and the message on screen actually suggests powering on the HDMI source.

I called Samsung who connected to the TV, made a few changes, and seemed to fix it.  Everything was fine for a few days, then same happened again.  Other than a full removal and re-add of Youview to the tv I can't work out how to fix it.

Most annoying is that when I've had time to call Samsung, it is working again.  Last night - wouldn't work, today - working fine.  I can't break it!  I can't call them to look at it when it's working!!!

Anyone got any tips?  I can't work out what breaks it or what fixes it, it just seems random.  Tried different cables, different ports.... Samsung must be able to tell and there must be loads of people having the problem so why no solution? 😞

0 Likes
Carll
Journeyman
Options

Hi

To follow on for my story above, I was also getting intermittent (read every few minutes) pixelation as well as the freeview recorder not being recognised, though a month ago I thought it was my set up.

I changed the aerial and realigned it, the aerial cables, replaced the booster with a passive splitter, replaced the HDMI cables, unplugged everything from the TV, even purchased a new freeview recorder. 

After a few conversations with Samsung during which they connected to the TV and fixed it, for a few days before the issue returned, they agreed there was a problem and sent the repair men out who changed the main board.

No more pixelation, both the old and new recorders stay recognised.

Moral of the story, keep talking to Samsung about your issue.

0 Likes
Little E
First Poster
Options

Hi

ive tried this but don’t know how long it will last.

when you see the no source, press and hold the tv button on the you view box, the tv will turn off as it should but keep holding, and the tv turns on again straight to you view! (So far so good after a few attempts)

0 Likes
Harvo
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this.  Ironically it came too late as Samsung had arranged for a TV swap out, having exhausted all of their ideas.  I am hoping this is the end of the saga for me, but useful to know that workaround just in case!

0 Likes