Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Turning TV on and off without using the remote

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 01:24 PM)
Froschling
Apprentice
Options

How can I power on my Smart TV from standby WITHOUT using the remote.

Is there a manual power on button on the TV and where is it located? I've looked but cannot find it.

I'm asking because I have a Freestyle Projector and a TV in the same room and using the remote turns both on and off together, which isn't helpful, as I want only ONE active at a time.

I thought I might be able to turn off the TV manually.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming that, @Froschling. According to page 15 on the user manual below, you should be able to switch off your TV by using TV Controller button:

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201904/20190412110443115/BN68-09494J-00_URU7300R_XU_EN...

Please let me know how you get on with this.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Froschling. I can certainly check this for you. Which Smart TV model are you using, please?

Your TV product codes are located on a label on the back panel of your TV. I only need the model number, however.

You can also find the model number through the Settings menu. 

0 Likes
Froschling
Apprentice
Options

Hello and thanks for your reply.

The TV Model Number is UE55RU7300KXXU

Regards,

John

0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming that, @Froschling. According to page 15 on the user manual below, you should be able to switch off your TV by using TV Controller button:

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201904/20190412110443115/BN68-09494J-00_URU7300R_XU_EN...

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Froschling
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks Paul that's exactly the information I need.

I couldn't find the User Manual online, and my search of the TV wasn't successful

Hopefully that will setlle the problem I've been having ensuring only one of my devices is active at a time.

Thanks again.

John

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

You're very welcome indeed, John. 👍 I'm glad to hear that you managed to locate the button, as having an onboard hardware option is always a useful alternative. 

0 Likes