Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU8500 65" dark shadow 6mm on left/right/bottom edge

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 11:25 AM)
Ginge2
First Poster
Options

Hi

Got the new tele Nov last year and picture is amazing. Only thing I have noticed is that down both edges (left and right) and bottom edge there is a dark shadow about 6mm. Its very faint but can notice it on certain picture backgrounds if light colour. Moving pictures tends to hide it.

is this normal for this type of screen and model size, anyone else got the same issue or does it need looking at?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
busbus
First Poster
Options

I have a very similar problem (?). Model QE65Q77T.  I bought it a week ago. photo_2021-02-18_12-08-29_LI (2).jpg

0 Likes
RoyBatty
First Poster
Options

Yes, I'm seeing exactly the same on the 65" TU8500 I bought a few days ago. It's so regular that I assume it's just a consequence of the design. There are other reports on the web, including in the comments of a YouTube review - even the unit being reviewed showed it though the reviewer didn't notice it (and he told the owner making the comment that it was due to their room lighting, which it definitely isn't). It really annoys me, but it shouldn't as it can't been seen unless you look practically straight at it (so it's miles away in peripheral vision when watching the tv normally).

The YouTube review was titled "Samsung TU8500 | Review -dual LED is better than expected"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6pH0AwZ-_Y

0 Likes