Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:34 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
Gennifer
Student
Options

Ok everyone! What JJ62 suggested worked! I have tried every single other suggestion across multiple forums for days, and this was the only thing that worked for me. 
What they clarified was that the TV and the phone might be on the same network, but a different “frequency” (if that’s the right word). You have to get them both on that same frequency. I went upstairs far away from where my internet router is. I also unplugged my google home wifi extenders just in case. As my signal bars went down when I went upstairs, I could see the Add Photos button would occasionally flash red, like it was trying to connect. So I stayed in that exact spot upstairs, turned Wi-Fi on and off, reopened the smart things app and I could click My Photos! The first time I tried to upload, it failed, maybe because I tried 7 photos. Then I had to start the process all over again. But then when I got it working again, I tried only 4, stayed very still, and they uploaded to the TV! It’s going to be annoying having to find that sweet spot upstairs every single time, but better than nothing! 

0 Likes
Neoxlefou
First Poster
Options

Samsung Frame 2020, same issue has many of you.

- same wifi hotspot, no shared frequency, TV has been reset and keep saying connection is not stable, try reboot the TV

My solution is like the USB workwaround, I prepared some photo on a usb Key, plug the USB key, and ...
TADAHHH my TV can now get photo uploaded from my smartphone

I remove the USB key => my TV refuse the smartphone to send picture

I put again a blank USB key, the smallest one I have in my home (16MB, yes sir, 16MB)

and TADAH, my smarthing is now again able to upload picture to the TV with mode ART

Just a matter of storage somewhere.

0 Likes
Brian47
Apprentice
Options

I did that as well but despite showing up on the app. The photos failed to display on the Frame Tv

Did your photos display on the tv as well as in the SmartThings app?

0 Likes
MKM2t
Apprentice
Options

same issues.  not getting a samsung again - customer service is horrific.

0 Likes
MKM2t
Apprentice
Options

totally agree - not getting a samsung again.   what's the point?  so many of the apps glitch up and customer service is non

0 Likes
MKM2t
Apprentice
Options

Its so diappointing.  We spent so much money on these TVs and it is total false advertisement.  No one to appeal to for help - it is such BS. 

TonyP12
First Poster
Options

Tried multiple ways to upload photos to Samsung frame without success.  It's an ok TV but customer service are time wasters (it's an example of how low a priority Samsung put customers).   Also Samsung are effectively miss selling the product i.e it doesn't do what they say it does.

A shame but I won't be buying any Samsung products again.  Sony have better screen quality anyway. 

0 Likes
Brian47
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tony

some success on downloading from USB stick around half of these I can  display on Tv and can Mount them and alter the art projection using the SmartThings app.

0 Likes