Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:34 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
Frustrated_Pls_Help
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue

0 Likes
brew5
First Poster
Options

I have been following this issue for over a year. 😒
As an engineer myself, I don't understand how the app can control the TV (power, art mode, etc) and is incapable of detecting the TV when you want to "Add Your Photos+"

I added a 1-star review for the "SmartThings" app to try and get Samsungs attention. If there are enough negative reviews, I imagine someone would prioritize this.

0 Likes
JJ62
First Poster
Options

I've worked out how to do this (well it works for me anyway). You have to be connected to the same access point on your wifi network as the TV (if you have a mesh network with multiple access points), AND you need to be connected at the same frequency that the TV is connected with.  In my house, the TV is connected to the wifi access point at 5 GHz but my phone (Pixel 6) was connecting at 6 GHz. If I go far enough away from the router, my phone's connection frequency drops to 5GHz and voila!, suddenly the option isn't greyed out anymore and I can upload photos.

Hope this helps someone!

JBaveld
First Poster
Options

I faced the same issue but I could resolve it by connecting the frame to LAN and restarting the tv and app. This is not an option for everyone so this issue still needs to be fixed. Unbelievable how long this issue exists

0 Likes
AlabamaMike
First Poster
Options

On our Frame TV, even when on the identical WiFi and same speed, with the iPhone 14 right next to the TV, and connected by Bluetooth, the "My Collection" option is Grayed OUT and will not permit any transfer by Bluetooth or WiFi from the iPhone 14 to the Frame TV.  Both the TV and the iPhone "see" each other and say they are connected.  I removed the Smart Things App from the iPhone and reinstalled it and logged in again.  That did not help either.  Samsung needs to publish a problem-specific fix and support paper for this condition of a Grayed-Out menu option on the Art Mode.  The Art Mode function is essentially useless, for accessing the large cache of photos and art work I have on my iPhone.  Seems like they are deliberately dragging their feet so that you will sign up for a paid subscription.  I don't need one more paid subscription, when I have a ton of material ready to load onto the device.

0 Likes
GosiaT
First Poster
Options

The way I was able to fix this issue was instead of giving a full access to all photos from my phone I switched in settings that I only give permission to selected ones - and I selected the ones I wanted. It fixed it and showed up on the app. 

ceceJ19
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!! This worked for me too!! maybe giving the app access to all photos is too much for it to process. Changing the photo access setting in SmartThings in my phone to limited and choosing only the photo I wanted to upload did the trick!! 

0 Likes
Kxxxxxxx
First Poster
Options

It’s now 11/2023 and the same issue STILL is happening. It’s been about a year. Calling Samsung does nothing 

0 Likes
Texascase
First Poster
Options

Finally figured out a work around after getting frustrated by this problem as well.

It seems the new routers automatically connect my tv to 5GHz wifi while my phone was auto connecting to 2.4GHz even the the wifi only has one option to connect. 

SOLUTION: connect tv and phone to someone else in your household’s personal hot spot. Once both connected it worked immediately. 

0 Likes
Gennifer
Student
Options

This worked! The only thing that has worked after trying every single other suggestion! 

0 Likes