Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame 2022 Forces only 2 mounts for own art uploads

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 02:00 PM)
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

When displaying my own art or photos via USB to My Album, the TV does not permit full screen view and forces you to choose between only two choices of frame, but if you display any of the art from the catalogue you have either full screen view or multiple frame options.

Does anyone know if Samsung will extend the "Mount" options?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

Update (14th August), There is an undocumented way to overcome the issue that I raised: If the jpg image file size is large enough and dimensions set at 16:9, then all the frame options or none are available. So, Samsung should at least provide an explanation in the e-manual about loading images for Art Mode.

Earlier, I wrote: Thanks for the advice. Yes, four mounts are available, but not from the TV menus.   Sadly, the select mount options do not include a full-screen i.e. no mount option, which is an essential but unavailable option.  It seems that in Art mode, you cannot display an image in full screen if it is one that you add yourself.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Poolean: Are the photos you're adding in portrait or landscape format? If you have a Samsung mobile device with SmartThings installed, then have you tried heading to SmartThings > Art Mode > Add picture > Select 2 to 3 images > Create Mount to see if more mount options are available when adding images in this manner? 

0 Likes
Solution
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

Update (14th August), There is an undocumented way to overcome the issue that I raised: If the jpg image file size is large enough and dimensions set at 16:9, then all the frame options or none are available. So, Samsung should at least provide an explanation in the e-manual about loading images for Art Mode.

Earlier, I wrote: Thanks for the advice. Yes, four mounts are available, but not from the TV menus.   Sadly, the select mount options do not include a full-screen i.e. no mount option, which is an essential but unavailable option.  It seems that in Art mode, you cannot display an image in full screen if it is one that you add yourself.

0 Likes
M_Delta
Student
Options

I’ve just purchased a frame TV thinking I could show my photos without a mount boarder…… have you had any update on this or do all of the 2022 models have to show a mount for any uploaded image? 

has anyone tried getting there images onto the TV via their subscription system or a third party?

0 Likes
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

I found a solution, actually it is easy provided that in your favourite photo editing program that a) you set the ratio of the picture to 16:9, then b) set the actual size of the picture to precisely 3840 pixels width and 2160 pixels height.  Then save it as a normal jpg file and load from a USB stick into the TV base box.  The image should appear in a new window on TV and you can then choose to have it added to the TV Art folder called 'My Album'.  Then in Art mode select that folder and the picture in it and it will display with a default frame, but now you can set its size or delete entirely using the onscreen controls - whew that was a long explanation!

M_Delta
Student
Options

AMAZING!!! I tested this out and it worked perfectly! 
thank you so much for the detailed explanation :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Neo36
First Poster
Options

The weird thing is my friend and me both bought 43 inch 2022 Frame TV at the same time. He gets options to edit pictures he uploads from his phone and has full range of mount options (including no mount), I upload high quality images at 16:9 and still only have 2 mount options. Any ideas what's going on with my TV?? 

Ddee
First Poster
Options

YES. My wife is a photographer and we use the frame for photos.  The no mount option will show if the photo is taken at 16:9 or edited to 3840 x 2160 pixels

This took a long time to figure out with no help from Samsung support who had no idea how to do this but it works flawlessly every time

0 Likes
Mick myster
First Poster
Options

Hi all, great advice. I've changed my images to 16:9 and noticed a definite improvement on image quality and border size, however I still only have two border options. I'm guessing the pixels are still off. My android photo editing doesn't allow me to adjust the pixels. What's the best/ easiest way to adjust this? 

0 Likes
PurpleGecko
Journeyman
Options

I have now worked for many hours to try to fix this stupid (automatic frame) function. The only "FRUSTRATING" solution is to set the frame for each individual picture. This is NOT acceptable. What do you think - we only want to put 2 or 3 picture into "The Frame"? Even worse if you like to set up a new slideshow of another couple of hundred pictures you have to start from the beginning. Because you have to use the internal memory space which is only 500MB - and not the USB Stick.

As well i noticed, that it is not enough to set the picture size to exactly 3840x2160px - no .... it depends which tool you use for resizing. It is working with MS paint - but not with lightroom or darktable or pixmillion or whatever batch resize tool i tried. Finally it worked with MS Powerplay for batch resize.
This product "The Frame" is unusable and SAMSUNG is not listening to its customer. This will be for sure my last buy from this company.

0 Likes