Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2020) Dolby Digital audio sync issue with One Connect Box

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 03:11 PM)
cj_90
Apprentice
Options

New Frame customer here. 

Other than the terrible HDR issues others are reporting (dark, unwatchable picture), I am having audio delay (lip sync) issues where the video is ahead of the sound when playing a Dolby Digital track from an external source. 

Set up:

TV: The Frame 43 (2020) with One Connect Box (OCB) 

Soundbar: Sonos Beam (connected via eARC port on OCB)

External HDMI source: Virgin Media/Liberty Media V6 box (connected to HDMI 1 on OCB)

Issue/Troubleshooting:

1. Watching a channel on the Virgin Media box with a Dolby Digital track;
  2. Video on the screen is around 40/60ms ahead of the audio (this cannot be compensated for on any settings);
  3. Change audio output on the Virgin Media box to PCM - no delay, perfect synchronization.
  4. Plug Virgin Media Box optical out directly into the Sonos Beam and play Dolby Digital - no delay, perfect synchronization.
  5. Watch content with a Dolby Digital track on one of the build in apps on Tizen OS - no delay, perfect synchronization.

It appears there is something happening when processing the Dolby Digital signal when sent via an external source to the One Connet Box. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on how to resolve? I don't want to watch content in PCM if I can avoid it!

13 REPLIES 13
igranv
First Poster
Options

Same issue 

TV: The Frame 43 (2020) with One Connect Box (OCB) 

Soundbar: Sonos Playbar(connected via Optical

External HDMI source: Virgin Media V6 box (connected to HDMI 1 on OCB)

Done chat and phone with samsung to no avail, chatted with sonos......anyone found a resolution?

0 Likes
Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Hi there - found this thread, wonder if anyone found any solution for this? I have a 55inch 2021 Frame and exact same issue as below... native apps like built-in Netflix have no sync issue, but my Spectrum cable box has awful audio sync issue... anyone find any fixes? 

0 Likes
ConfusedBob
Apprentice
Options

I didn’t get the digital audio to work, just ended up using the hdmi arc link which seems ok. Not much help im afraid!

0 Likes
Nick_W1
Apprentice
Options

I found setting the Audio to “passthrough” on the TV for the ARC or eARC connection to my Beam gen 2 fixed the lip-sync issue with Dolby digital+ input. “Auto” did not work.

0 Likes