Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal at switching on on QLED

(Topic created on: 20-12-2018 07:02 PM)
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Since a few weeks I am the owner of a QE55Q9F 2018.

My setup is using the CI+ module with direct coax cable connection to the tv from my provider.

The CI+ module has been used before on my Samsung UE46D8000 for 7 years with no problem.

Now for the second time I got the message "no signal" at switching on the TV. Like no cable is connected or the wrong source input.

This happens when the TV has been on for a period, then switched of by the remote and put back on (>30 minutes on stand-by).

Switching the TV off and after a few seconds on again (once even twice) seems to solve the problem.

I also see in this case a short message my account has logged on (normally not the case when switching the tv on).
Has it done a reset?

What is wrong here?

The privoder connection is ok: other TV sets at home do work perfect on these moments.

Since I can't repeat the behaviour it would be silly to call the repair service.

Can this be an issue in the startup of the TV (timing between different components).

Anyone seen the same behaviour.

57 REPLIES 57
ElVela
Apprentice
Options
Thanks!
0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options
Just got a new firmware update 1290.4.
Does anyone know what this update is fixing?
0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and TV is only 4 weeks old, at first is was only BBC1 that had no signal, but today all was off, yet EPG was showing all programs.

unpluged mains and powed up again all back working again !!! 

0 Likes
Jirex1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I had to return the tv back to the seller and they gave me money back, they said it is a common unrepairable problem of one connect box which is loosing signal from time to time. I am waiting for 2020 models, hooefully samsung will fix it...

First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info will check with samsung tomorow to see if i can get a refund or exchange when newer model comes out.

0 Likes
Ftelf
Explorer
Options

Hi, could you please provide more information about this "unrepairable problem". Do you know whether it is oficial info from Samsung ?

0 Likes
Jirex1
Journeyman
Options
They told me that the one connect box is overheating most of the existing satelite or tv cards inserted into the one connect box, they know about it as they alteady had to refund hundrets of customers and 2020 models should fix it.
Ftelf
Explorer
Options

Thanks. Strange that you were dealing with the seller about that problem. The warranty issues are completely handled by Samsung official support network in our country and the QLED has premium support where the problem has to be solved on next day otherwise you will get replacement TV for the repair period or something similar. Well and the Samsung official repair method is to disable "Instant ON" feature which will "reset" the system every day thus minimize the chance that the tuner will go offline. I must say that I'm starting to hate the prolonged boot time now.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

How do you get to this command, i have had a quick look and cant find instant on settings ?

0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

I also searched earlier for this kind of setting and the TV doesn't have that I guess.

A option without pulling the power plug to force a full power off/on would be helpfull in cases the issue occurs.

0 Likes