Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV set up without Internet or Smart Phone

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 01:32 PM)
LesCon
First Poster
Options

I want to buy a Samsung TV for my elderly Aunt for Christmas, however she has no internet nor does she use a smart phone.

Must a Smart Samsung TV require access to the internet during initial set up, i.e. will the  set up fail and the TV be unusable if it is not connected to the internet?

I know without internet she will not be able to install any updates, Apps or use Catch up, but will she be able to view Freeview channels via a aerial connection?

2 REPLIES 2
RachaelLindsey
First Poster
Options
I'm not sure but you could always mobile hotspot your smartphones Internet to the TV for initial set up if Internet is required for the initial set up?
0 Likes
NickGS
Student
Options

Hi Rachael,

I have exactly the same problem. You can complete the set up to a point where you can use the tv and I have configured the satellite tuner to work with Freeview. The problem is that each time you try to perform an activity the screen defaults to tell you that you haven't completed the set up. I cannot find a way to tell the tv that internet is not available. Proving very frustrating. Good luck Nick

0 Likes