Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Vicky95
Apprentice
Options

Since it's an backlight issue,when recording through set top box,only the clean broadcast image is captured.

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

But its a clean image that is being broadcast. If its a backlight issue then it should still show. I was able to record mine on my Sky box.

0 Likes
Vicky95
Apprentice
Options

I get it,I'll try that and I managed to get some YouTube video to show the problem.But the technician said that maybe due to the video.It should be visible in inbuilt samsung test patterns and it doesn't have those panning shots and bright shots.Anyways I'll give it a shot.I was thinking like,I still have some 9 months warranty and iam sure this will get worse.So,once it gets to a point that it's quite visible.I will call and register for a service.They will even replace at the end of the warranty period right like 11th month or so?

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Good strategy but allow for a bit of haggling, especially that close to end of warranty.

razvanmg
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same issue on a 3 years old 50KU6072. Will never buy/recommend Samsung tvs again.

I'm already looking for alternatives. I saw the Panasonic GX/HX 8 series (the 9 series has IPS? panel). The Panasonic comes with a 5 years manufacturers warranty, which is pretty nice.

Also the Sony 9th series looks promising.

0 Likes
Spooky2
First Poster
Options

My 55" curve tv has been having the white circles for about 8 months now. This thing cost way too much money to only last several years.. No more samsungs  in this home!

0 Likes
JoePav-521
Apprentice
Options

Same thing on my Samsung tv. Little over 2 years old. Is there a recall or a fix?

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
Read the thread. Some people have managed a repair themselves, others managed to get a free repair by Samsung, but given that you are out of warranty (even though only just) the experience here is that the latter is very unlikely.
0 Likes
Ruth-mac
Apprentice
Options

I have had it fixed by an independent tv repair man. It's going to cost us £170.. 15 LCD discs have come unstuck some have come disco. all need to be changed. You 

0 Likes
richardP1
First Poster
Options

Actually getting more white circles appearing on the same top line on mine but i think will just put the cost of the repair to a new TV.

mine didnt cost that much but still gutting its not that old.. Samsung just gave me the details of a local repair compnay and said it will be chargable..

0 Likes