Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 7 TV amp/ speaker set up .. HELP!!

(Topic created on: 22-03-2019 08:28 PM)
Jimbobarelli
First Poster
Options

Ok I had a ten year old Samsung series 5 that was connected to my B&W speakers via a mini amp ( tucked behien the tv) - all analogue cables via a 3.5mm plug into the headphone socket of the TV . The Samsung remote powered the volume . All good .

ive today replaced the tv with a series 7 and found there’s no headphone socket output .or 3.5 output . So I bought a “ audio optical converter “ to connect to the speakers . Seems to get sound to the speakers - but still sound is coming from the tv . I managed to change settings on the tv to “ optical output “ .. which turns the tv speakers off -but now the remote no longer controls the volume . What do I need to buy to connect t my jack plug B&ws to my Samsung tv and be able to control the volume on my Samsung remote control ?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Dot_Onion
Apprentice
Options

First what kind of speakers are you using? Because you may need to switch the settings on the TV in sounds  in expert menu from Digital output audio to PCM from Dolby digital. What I did was since I got a new TV I went ahead and upgrade my sound system to a Samsung 3.0. Because I had somewhat the same issue. But that might just fix your issue once you change the settings. 

0 Likes