Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ue49ku6470 & Disney + app issue

(Topic created on: 01-04-2024 12:57 PM)
Ashley Hopkin
Apprentice
Options

Hi, My tv model number is ue49ku6470, Disney plus worked fine for months now throwing an error and can’t use it, only fix is to reset tv to factory settings every time I want to use it, the app then loads fine. But when I go to use it again it throw an error “something went wrong” and have to reset the tv to factory settings again. All other apps are working fine? Seems to be an issue with Samsung tv’s and Disney plus? Any help would be great, thanks. #disney+ #samsungappissue

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ashley Hopkin  Disney Plus is listed as being compatible with most 2016 TV's and newer models.  However as it worked before should be fine. https://help.disneyplus.com/en-GB/article/disneyplus-samsung-tv  Error codes can be caused by unstable internet connections, a more long lasting fix may be achieved by rebooting both the Tv and router (via unplugging).  Leave it for 30 seconds and then reconnect.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ashley Hopkin
Apprentice
Options

Hi James thanks for the reply, I’ve tried this but it didn’t work, my only solution to get this working is to reset the “reset smart hub” under self diagnostics? I can then open the app and all works fine? My internet connection is stable enough to run other apps and also Disney plus in other rooms with LG TV’s, the issue only arises with the Samsung tv ue49ku6470. This was strange as it worked for months previously? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Ashley Hopkin
Apprentice
Options

Still having to reset smart hub to get Disney + working, anyone else having this issue? 

FrustratedDisney
First Poster
Options

I’m still having this issue. Reset the smart hub, which logs out of every app, and Disney works until I turn tv off or exit the app… then I have to reset smarting again to get it to work.

is a faff to log back in to every streaming app every time, for a one time watch.

viennesewaltz
Journeyman
Options

Same problem for me. I have two Samsung smart TVs in the house, different models.  Disney+ works fine on one but not on the other. I can see all the menus etc., but when I press play to watch I get the "something went wrong" error message. Resetting the smart TV hub fixed the problem but then it returned again. Like the previous poster I don't want to have to do this every time.

This started happening about a month ago.  Been on the phone to Disney+ several times and all they can tell me is that it's a known issue with some Samsung smart TVs. Hope for a fix soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rocnam
First Poster
Options

Im still having an isse as well.

0 Likes
viennesewaltz
Journeyman
Options

This issue seems to have resolved itself for me now. Hope others are fixed as well.

0 Likes