My samsung smart TV (5 years old) stopped connecting to internet intermittently at first and then now does not connect at all, smart hub is useless and can not use any apps.
These are the solutions already tried and that didn't work (or worked for a bit and then quit):
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Calling the ISP's hotline
- changing the router
- enabling IPv6
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the secret service menu)
- reset of the Samsung smart hub
- Changing DNS to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52.
- unplugging from the wall and re plugging in.
- pressing the remote power button (waiting for a reboot, but nothing happened in 10 minutes, so i gave up)
- Updating the firmware
- Using an ext wifi adapter
- changing SVC region to A
now, when i try to connect to internet, it searches for some time and then time out, and back to connect to wireless network screen again.
if i do a SVC reset (from service menu), i will go as far as finding mine and all the neighborhood wifi networks and asks me for sign in, and after choose my wifi and i put in password, it says trying to connect to WIRED network, eventhough it started as a wifi connection. and then off course it times out.
i can not have a wired connection as my TV is fixed on the wall and away from router, so haven't tried it yet.
someone mentioned in a previous thread to change the connection from wired to wifi_int in service menu, i can not find such an option in service menu.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.