Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:09 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
bkjmaverick
Journeyman
Options

I am cautiously optimistic as the last few times I've played, zero drop outs. 

jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Anyone tried the 1808.1 yet? Still with the issue?

0 Likes
ChrisNRY
Journeyman
Options

Just adding to a USB memory stick now so will give it a go :smiling-face:

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

1808.1, removed the -2 to auto thing on PS5. No issue since yesterday

0 Likes
Faroek83
First Poster
Options

I'm downloading the file now. Hope it'll fix the issue since i love the TV and really don't want to send it back. Btw i'm also noticing black outs while watching 4k broadcast like F1 trough my digital tv settop box. 
HDMI cables are certified ultra high speed brand new so no issues there. 

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Yeah, my Nvidia Shield signal started to have the same blackouts on 1805

0 Likes
ChrisUK1
Apprentice
Options

Installed several days ago from usb.

no improvements for me. 
I have noticed the settings menu is now more laggy and annoying…oh well

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Over a week now, using ps5 on a daily basis, no issue. Mine seems fixed.

0 Likes
Dargol
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone! I had the same signal losing issue with my 65QN95A (software version 1805.4) as many others here, but it's gone now! Read on, if you may: I received my 65QN95A yesterday and immediately tried gaming in 4K @ 120 Hz HDR with G-Sync enabled. My TV is connected to my RTX 3090 with a certified Ultra High Speed 48 GBPS cable and my A/V Receiver is connected to the graphics card's DP port with an HDMI/DP converter. First I had issues using the 4K in 120 Hz because only 60 Hz was available - then I realized I had to scroll down in nVidia control panel's resolution list to find the "PC resolutions". Then I got it running in 4K @ 120 Hz 4:4:4. Then I enabled G-Sync and ticked the box to use monitor specific settings. Next I started up Assassin's Creed Origins and found the HDMI signal cutting off several times, some cut-offs lasted even for almost a minute. Eventually it became stable and the game looked beautiful and smooth. I tried Wreckfest and it had the same signal losing issue.

This morning, however, the signal losing issue was completely gone! I checked all the settings and noticed that Input Signal Plus was deactivated from all HDMI's except from HDMI1, to which my pc is connected. Yesterday I activated it even on the ones not in use, because why not. So I'm thinking that maybe the HDMI signal loss issue is happening if the Input Signal Plus is active on HDMIs that do not need it. Give it a try and see if it fixes the problem :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Softmonkey
Journeyman
Options

As it happens mine is completely gone now as well, not a single drop out in months. At least for me the updates on the TV and possibly the x box as well have fixed it