Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 22-05-2021 06:55 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Scoops77,

no, I’ve had a nightmare with Samsung. They’re refusing to do anything as they said it’s my hdmi cables and to use the ones supplied with the consoles. Which is odd, because...

- I am using them, I told them so

- I’ve tried multiple others in all different ports

- the consoles work perfectly on all other tvs

- I’ve done every possible bit of troubleshooting and settings-changing

they said I should as my retailer for a refund!

im on my third unit now and they’ve all had the issue. I absolutely love the tv otherwise, but Samsung are not interested in fixing it

thanks 

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

Hey. Any news about your problem ? I’bought mine qn95a 65 ich and also have dropouts problem but with ps5 mostly. Cable decoder and PC Nuc connected are fine i guess.

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

absolutely nothing. The last I heard, after a month of calls to Samsung “it’s your hdmi cables”

im totally at a loss of what to do. It seems to affect every single unit (I’ve had three) and many people have had replacement OCB or mainboard and still have the issues.

im hoping it’s something that will be fixed in a software update.

samsungs support is the worst I’ve ever experienced 

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

For me they said thats the console manufactures fault... Strange because ps5 and xsx are working flawless on other tv’s, monitoras that i’ve... On german forum Samsung said officialy that they’re aware of this issue.

Spokk
Apprentice
Options

I cant read german, when did they said the issue was known? And what exactly did they say?

Does this issues occur even if you force the tv to 60hz only in game mode on the series x? Just got a qn95a and also had some blackouts

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

The blackouts seem to occur no matter what. I’ve tried absolutely everything, every single setting possible on both ps5 and Xbox series x. I’ve had 3 replacement units now and still have the issue, I genuinely call Samsung most days...nothing happens. And I’m now out of the period where I can return the tv.

the Samsung representative on the German forum has marked the issue as ‘solved’. Which is a real worry, as absolutely nobody who is on there (about 60 users) has had a solution, even after multiple replacement units and technicians replacing parts.

it seems like Samsung is happy to accept that this is good enough and that rather than putting any effort into finding the issue, they would prefer to lie their way out of the problem.

we have paid thousands for a product that does not work, and made the company millions of pounds. That’s fine for them 

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

For me the new update 1506 done by usb drive solved the issue. No blackouts for now and i hope that this will last forever. Ps5 had always 2-3 blackouts on start and now everything is fine. XSX only worked in 60hz and now i can play using 120hz option. But im reading the comments on the german section and for many its still occuring. But yeah... Ill never buy a Samsung product for sure again because of that horrible support...

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Interesting. How come you did it by USB, rather than direct download? Is it worth me trying that? I just updated by the TV download 

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Do keep us updated on this, hopefully it’s good forever now - buy let us know if not.

it’s been so badly handled 

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

Ive found the update on samsung site and theres instruction how to update it through usb.

0 Likes