Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote won’t turn tv on

(Topic created on: 16-02-2024 09:57 PM)
NickyO
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have a 2014 Samsung TV and the remote control is not working, although this remote control will work on my 2016 Samsung TV that is in another room.

When I press the power button at the red light at the bottom of the 2014 tv there is a tiny bit of flickering but the tv will not turn on.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem would be most welcome.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
take the battery out of the remote, then press and hold the power botton for like 10 seconds, and put back the battery, see that work
0 Likes
NickyO
First Poster
Options

Hi, sadly that did not resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
have you tried press and hold the tv power botton on the tv normally it at the bottom of the tv for like 30 seconds and also after you done that, turn the tv main plug off for like a minute see that help. if that don't work that other thing you can try , now turn your tv off from the main plug, and turn it back on, stay close to the tv, you need to press the power botton from you tv and the remote power botton at the same time.make sure the remote pointing at your tv .
if that don't work then a guess the tv infrared to the remote might be a problem.
but first try other samsung tv remote from the other tv that you have.

0 Likes
NickyO
First Poster
Options

Hi, tried both options. Sadly didn’t get a positive outcome.  Must be a problem with the infrared on the tv as both controllers are working on my other Samsung tv.
Just going to have to go back 40 years and get off my backside to operate the tv. Thanks

0 Likes