Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Really dislike Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 01:02 AM)
AllanF_
Apprentice
Options

dear samsung community.

There is any solution for two problems? After 3 years trying and looking for it. I could not solve and is everyday worst 

1- ads in TV. How can I get rid of the ads ?

2- HDR problems. My tv is still in version 1300 of the app and netflix and Amazon prime are darker and darker in the TV.

I know those two problems have no solution. So before answer this think really carefully. 

This post is just to tell people who wants to buy any Samsung tv: just don't.  You have ads on your screen and also dark unwatchable image. The tv is really bad.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@AllanF_: I'm really sorry to hear that you're not happy with your TV. Please can you confirm the model number, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV? In the meantime, regarding the adverts on the TV, please try heading to Settings > Terms & Privacy > I Consent to Viewing Information Services on this Device > Uncheck the 'I agree' box. Go back and do the same for 'I consent to Interest-Based Advertisements' and let me know if this helps. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AllanF_  It would help if you named your model, obviously some sets are better for HDR than others. 

The bare minimum requirement is around 400 nits (the measurement  of how much light the Tv sends to your eye (luminance within a given area) but for a satisfactory performance really need to be around the 600 mark whilst the best performers will have 1000 nits and above. For those  finding the HDR too dark firstly ensure the energy power saving mode and Motion lighting are turned off in the Eco settings.  check that you have the latest firmware, an update may be available for download via USB on the Samsung support site before an over the air one.  Check here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/  and  see if you can update the streaming apps on your Tv.  Whilst it will not sort out all problems experiment with your settings, standard or film mode will generally be better.  Dynamic Mode is brighter but  not recommended for extensive use   and in some cases can appear unnatural.  

With HDR turned on the backlight/Brightness should be at maximum and best if contrast enhancer is set to high.  Consumers can adjust the Auto Motion settings though if used think best set at low  levels in addition to the Gamma level  for the best results.  A suggested Calibration for one Tv shown in this article https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/qn90a-qled/settings#page-top One  thread on Dark HDR which some Members may find beneficial here too.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/dark-scenes-so-dark-they-re-unwatchable-in-hdr-mode-on/td-p/1... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AllanF_
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to do this since 2018.... Doesnt work. Ads are always there. Ando also monitoring my router i can see the TV going to a cookies website. So even without any consent cookies are being transmitted.  Of course I can block the ads in the router. But I dont want to do this in my new tv. 

0 Likes
AllanF_
Apprentice
Options

Hi thanks for the quick answer. But doesnt work. I have a acer monitor and a Samsung tv . Samsung doesnt work with HDR that is just common knowledge in internet  and that is what makes my so annoyed. Samsung doesnt care. My tv is UE55MU6179. 

I am back to this issue because I am looking for a more expensive TV OLED and I am not even considering Samsung . Actually i am afraid of buying a Samsung fridge with ads  . I will totally avoid and tell all my relatives and friends to avoid any Samsung tech  as much as possible. 

Do you guys in this community knows if we will have any updates for this issue from Samsung ? There is any new tv from Samsung in OLED line withou ads and HDR problem ? Which model ?

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

From my determinations  the Mu6179 is a variant of the MU6100 and whilst  supports HDR will not produce the best results as not likely to produce a high level of brightness and does not have a wide colour gamut.

Whilst customers  have experienced HDR issues in my opinion this is not universal or confined to Samsung. The new Neo QLED seem very impressive ,though some may be more on the pricey side. https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/all-tvs/?neo-qled+available-to-order     However there are alternatives which will suit others well such as Q95T.  Reviews of best sets from various companies which includes Samsung here https://www.trustedreviews.com/best/best-4k-tv-3500597 

For those interested in blocking adverts via routers filters or DNS settings if the privacy options are not satisfactory see here https://www.asavvyweb.com/samsung-smart-tv/how-to-block-ads-on-youtube-on-samsung-smart-tv 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AllanF_
Apprentice
Options

Hi James, I will take a look on those models, but from the last purchase 4 years a go I am really afraid of buying again a TV with dark HDR.

Thats why I am also reaching out for community to get a good feedback for OLED TV in HDR 4k . I dont want to transport a huge TV to my house and return it after tests.

I believe all TV brands right now are hating Ozark photography or cinematics director for choosing such dark image in HDR.

About the ads, I did exactly that, I created a profile in TP link theter app, blocking the ads websites and they are gone.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Ok thanks for your input, hopefully I have at least given you some beneficial information.

0 Likes