Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95B going into ‘deep sleep’

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 09:17 AM)
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Our Samsung QN95B TV has often gone into a deep sleep state when we come to switch it on from standby in the morning.  It won’t turn on from the remote.

To turn it on I’ve had to switch it off/on at the wall outlet which is inconvenient since it’s round the back of the TV and also turns off the other kit on the same power strip.  We then have to wait for everything to boot up fully again. I know I could move the power plug to a separate outlet.

It’s been particularly evident since we ‘updated’ our Virgin Media TV box from V6 to TV360.  The TV360 used a remote, coded to the TV, which has two power buttons - one for TV power and the other for the set top box itself.

It doesn’t always do this and I’ve been trying to see if there’s any pattern to it.  I’ve been careful to ensure the TV is turned to standby and screen has gone off before going to bed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there any other sequence or way to put the TV back on?

23 REPLIES 23
Onno4
Journeyman
Options

I'm experiencing the same problem of the tv not turning on with the remote. After your post I checked and the small red light on the left of the logo was on. I pressed the on/off button on the remote and I see the light blink when I press, but the tv does not turn on. When I press very long the red light just keeps blinking but there is no reset, the tv does not turn on. After all that pressing of the on/off button on the remote the red light stays off. When I press the on/off it responds with a blinking red light but the red light stays off after that.

I have also experienced testing the tv in the morning and it would just turn on.

Probably time to call Samsung support.

0 Likes
Onno4
Journeyman
Options

I tried the Samsung online support (Whatsapp) and the chatbot said to connect the tv directly to the wall outlet as a response to my problem. Just made the change, so I guess I will have to wait and see if this makes any difference.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

@Onno4 wrote:

I tried the Samsung online support (Whatsapp) and the chatbot said to connect the tv directly to the wall outlet as a response to my problem. Just made the change, so I guess I will have to wait and see if this makes any difference.

I doubt that will make any difference - they are just fobbing you off - I was on to them for ages to get them to take it seriously and send the service agent out - the 'helpline' staff mainly just read off a script and if it's anything more 'complex' they are unable to help.  I got asked to check the TV was plugged in and so on, and told I was the only one in the world who was reporting this problem - and their TVs are free of bugs or faults!  

Assuming the issue persists for you I suggest you get through to an actual person and be assertive.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Ironically our TV has not displayed the issue for about a week or so now - it has seemingly settled down a bit (until next time) - I will be monitoring it ahead of the agents coming with a new board - I'm not keen on the idea of the TV being repaired/opened up as legally it has implications (but the warranty situation is long past that given that this is the second warranty replacement TV - third Samsung TV in 3 years) - I fear they will swap the board and if it's a bug it will still remain an issue.

I can only wait and see and keep on at them.

0 Likes
Onno4
Journeyman
Options

Our tv is less than 2 months old. I just want to take the obvious steps so we can skip these when I call them.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

The Samsung repair agent technicians came here this afternoon.  They've replaced different boards in the TV panel and the One Connect box.  They had some diagnostic information that was captured before, by their colleagues, and that suggested a hardware fault.

As usual, they used a support stand/trestle when working on the TV.

The small red light was as described previously - sometimes it was on, and flashed/went off with a remote control press.  Sometimes it was off but would come on/flash with remote press.  The only thing that would 'reboot' our TV was to turn off/on at mains.

Worst thing was, with the new boards, everything was reset so I've had to set it all up again as a new TV - the 'Smarthings' app process didn't work properly to restore all the settings nor did logging in to my Samsung account - so had to reenter the credentials for the different apps, service provider settings, different boxes on the HDMI connections and so on.  The sound settings were also lost.  I mentioned how the TV had to be reprogrammed to do with the rattling speaker before but got fobbed off and told that would be a separate fault to be logged again - so I don't know if we will now have trouble with the speakers again - one of the guys did say he reseated the speakers as one seemed loose of something.  I've started from scratch with the sound and will see how it goes. 

Also had to repair the remote.

I'm told the old boards will be wiped clean of any of my data by Samsung securely.

I will see if the TV has problems with power up anymore and advise.  The fault may take some time to show/discount as fixed. It could be that if you have same problem you need a hardware repair?

Onno4
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your detailed update! I spoke to Samsung last week and I must say they were very helpful and did not second guess anything I already tested. I told them about your issue and that it was diagnosed as a hardware issue. They have forwarded the issue to a local repair company and I have a repair visit scheduled for Thursday next week. 

I hope your repair solved the problem, but we will have to wait and see as you said. I will keep you informed how our repair goes and what actions they will take.

0 Likes
familyfriend
Student
Options

+1 thanks for the update, my issue is persistent regularly requiring a long press on the remote power button to force a full restart (I reckon that is the same effect as cutting the power and plugging it back in). I plan to contact support and point to this thread to expedite a visit.

Am I right they ended up coming out twice for you: first to assess and a second time with the parts to replace? Just not to keen on taking the TV of the wall each time.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

@familyfriend wrote:

+1 thanks for the update, my issue is persistent regularly requiring a long press on the remote power button to force a full restart (I reckon that is the same effect as cutting the power and plugging it back in). I plan to contact support and point to this thread to expedite a visit.

Am I right they ended up coming out twice for you: first to assess and a second time with the parts to replace? Just not to keen on taking the TV of the wall each time.

Yep, they came out to take a look and capture their own service menu screenshots which apparently showed some errors/logs and to discuss it - then they had to order the parts.

They contacted me a couple of days later to make an appointment to fit the parts that had arrived with them - the earliest appointment was however about 10 days later (came on 11th, made fitting appointment on 13th and came back to fit the parts 25th Jan).  This was smart service solutions of Braintree UK.  They said they are very busy.  They repair other makes,  not just Samsung but are the main agents for my area.

They shouldn't need to take your TV off the wall the first time but obviously will to fit any parts - they asked if my TV was wall mounted before they came.  They sent two technicians so they could lift my TV, which is on the supplied stand on a TV unit, not on the wall, onto their own special trestle.

Long remote power press never worked for me?

I hope you get yours sorted - I will keep monitoring ours to check the issue doesn't reoccur.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

It's been a couple of weeks since the boards were changed in our TV and no reoccurrence of this issue. 

Therefore conclude it was a hardware issue with one or more modules going to sleep/stop communicating.

I will continue to monitor and advise.

If you get the same issue I suggest contacting Samsung for support/service repair.

0 Likes