Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED TV keeps turning off restarting and turning off again

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 09:07 PM)
Darkestblue
Student
Options

Hi, 

18 month old QLED TV, model QE50Q60TAUXXU has today started turning off, restarting without any input, stays on for a minute or so with perfect picture, then the picture corrupts and the TV turns off again. This process repeats indefinitely. 

Have tried the obvious: soft reset, unplugged for a few minutes, cleared cache, closed all apps, changed remote battery, factory reset, and auto diagnostic (which gives it a clean bill of health). 

Problem is on all inputs and whether on live TV or Netflix. 

Any ideas other than the above would be appreciated!

Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
@Darkestblue this is one of the frequently reported issues with all these Q60 models starting from the R to T years. Screen fault so contact your your nearest service centre for both in and out of warranty replacement repair
0 Likes
mathslegend
First Poster
Options

Hi Darkestblue,

My TV (QLED TV 58”) has also started doing this today. Did you ever get to the bottom of what it was/manage to fix it?

0 Likes
leeso2023
First Poster
Options

Mine has started to do the same yesterday and i have no idea why. Initally the screen started to go weird and kept on turning its self off. When it came back on it showed the QLED sign and then the picture came back on but would turn off again within about 30 seconds. When i unplugged everything and plugged back on, the tv does not come on, it flicks between a black and grey page but the picture does not come on. Has anyone had any luck with repairs?

0 Likes
Del99
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem. My TV was purchased direct from Samsung over 2 years ago and it seems that there are lots of tv's of this age with the same issues. I believe this to me a manufacturing defect and should be eligible for repair in line with consumer rights legislation. The legislation states items should be of satisfactory quality and last a reasonable length of time. This must be raised with the retailer rather than the manufacturer but is virtually impossible as Samsung (online sales) do not have a complaints procedure and keep referring the matter to Samsung technical (manufacturer). Although this is very frustrating I will be re-sending my complaint to Samsung House, 2000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 ORS before submitting the case to small claims court.
0 Likes
alfred21647
First Poster
Options

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday for no apparent reason. It keeps restarting, displaying the QLED logo, and then turning itself off and on again. I tried everything I could think of, including opening the back of the TV, and it seems like there's something wrong with the screen. Mine is a QN65Q60R, which is 4 years old.
I contacted the nearest service center, but since it's no longer under warranty, they don't offer home services. I'll have to take it to their center. They mentioned that it will cost me 60 CAD plus tax just for them to diagnose the issue.

0 Likes
AA-8
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Did you get the TV fixed? Mine has started doing this today. Looks like a common fault. Did they ever reply to your complaint? Thanks

0 Likes