Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:31 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Jafo1701
Journeyman
Options

If Samsung does not resolve this issue I will not give them another dollar.  Even though my Q9FN has worked flawlessly since it locked up, froze then reset, I have no confidence in their product.  With the HDMI 2.1 standard there will be many more options in 2020.  LG is seriously getting my consideration for my next TV.  I've spend over $5500 on their TVs since 2016, but no more unless this is taken care of.

EStag23
Journeyman
Options

So samsung said will send a tech out to my house again but is it even worth my time? They replaced the hdmi ports the first time. Theres pretty much nothing else they can do right?

0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Will not do anything, but cause more harm to your TV potentially. Or if he does come, don’t let him touch the TV but instead show him the thread, explain the issue and demand that he call Samsung to get an ETA for the FW update! 🙂

unrealtrip
Apprentice
Options
I would definitely not let a tech come and start swapping out hardware, you're only risking actual damage to your tv. I think at this point we are pretty sure Samsung just botched whatever the firmware update was in May, and they are in theory working to undo this. Hang back and see what comes of it.
0 Likes
Jrod301
Explorer
Options

Well, I couldn't get Samsung to fully confirm there is an issue. My tech said Samsung told him there is and they're working on a fix, but the best Samsung would tell me was:

"I completely understand your situation, out developers are currently working on the performance of new updates, regrettably, we are unable to speculate about the release time. We can only recommend you to wait for the release. ^Jon

They wouldn't address my concerns about what happens when my tv goes out of warranty soon. I'm assuming there is a fix coming, but what gets me the most is that this has been going on for six months, and Samsung still gets very dodgy with admitting there's an issue. Stand behind your product, Samsung.

I moved the Samsung upstairs to replace the old family TV, and am the happy new owner of a brand new LG C9 as my new gaming TV. Blows the Q6F out of the water so far, and guess what? No reboots! Think I'll be sticking with LG from now on.

reedogeo
First Poster
Options

Don't get it, why would the tv reboot if the Xbox gets hot but the Xbox doesn't reboot? I stream movies through the Xbox and the tv reboot after a few hours, once a day maybe.

0 Likes
Le_Chuck
Journeyman
Options

It's not the Xbox getting hot thats causing the reboot. Its the software controllong VRR that is almost crashing causing the tv to reboot it self

0 Likes
reedogeo
First Poster
Options

Even just watching Vudu thourh the Xbox?  To behonest I have no idea what Truesync is, should I disable it and see if I still have the issue?  It is not constant like slome poeple say.  It's once a day pretty much.

0 Likes
RockStar360
Journeyman
Options

Its for sure that the Freesync its causing the reboots. Some people tells that they arenusing Freesync whit Ati Pc graphic cards and reboots the TV. Maybe the reboot its for hot or maybe not, but if you deactivate Freesync there is no more reboots.  It think for the moment the best is to deactivare the freesync in order to prevent more reboots and causing more problems for our tvs. The solution is make noise in samsung to get a *****ing update that fix this mess.

0 Likes
reedogeo
First Poster
Options

I cant find anything in the TV settings about freesync, its a UN65NU8000FXZA . Says the firmware is 1270 and is up to date.

0 Likes