Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T Brightness automatically adjust bug

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 05:34 AM)
Brydene1
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone! I hope you can help with this, as I really want to keep this TV but this is going to annoy me forever if it is never addressed. My tv in all picture modes, automatically adjusts brightness. I have all eco settings turned off, as well as intelligent mode, but it still automatically adjusts. I have version 1301.5, and it is so annoying. I am considering returning the tv, but the only model better would be a cx oled, and that is much more expensive, as well as having the risk of burn in. I want to keep this TV, but have no choice if this issue is not addressed to return it. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Does it randomly dim after 5 mins or so? If so, it might be worth checking this out https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/2020-qled-t-models-q80t-q90t-q800t-q900t-hdr-game-mode/m-p/18...

0 Likes
smp79
Journeyman
Options

It's a Samsung's global dimming "feature" which lowers the LED backlight brightness in darker scenes. It was possible to turn it off in pre-2020 Samsungs via a service menu.

0 Likes
Brydene1
First Poster
Options

I returned the TV, as it was so annoying that I couldn't focus on what I was watching or playing. I don't want to buy an OLED as they have risk of burn in, as well as the expensive price tag. This was a great TV when it came to specs, as I mostly just play video games, and has gotten great reviews. I am considering buying again, hoping this was just a fluke in the hardware of the first one I purchased. 

0 Likes
CrapSungFixYourJunk
First Poster
Options

Odd I posted on this years ago but it was removed.  I have the same problem, wish I returned this the first day when I saw this broken brightness, broken HDR, broken TV. 

Samsung I want a refund! How can I do this your TV is a paper weight.  

0 Likes