Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 12:24 PM)
rept0n
Apprentice
Options

Encoutering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or HD Blu-Rays.
Video is perfect, and audio starts, but randomly cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back for a random amount of time before cutting out again. This happens across the handful of 4K and HD titles I've tried.
All other audio from the Xbox One X (games, Spotify, Netflix) works fine without issue.

Xbox One X is connected to the QE65Q800T via a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable in port 4.

I've tried different cables, and different ports - the problem stays with this device.

Taking the same HD Blu-Ray and playing on a Playstation 4 connected to the same Q800T works fine without issue (regardless of cable or port).

Had not had an issue with Xbox One X audio playback before switching to this TV (previously plugged into a soundbar with ARC to the TV for video)

I'd ideally like to be able to go Xbox One X to Q800T (and either do away with the Soundbar, or upgrade to one that supports eARC) Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rept0n
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm that as of writing this problem also exists with UHD and HD Blu-ray playback on the Xbox Series X.

This problem does not exist with UHD or Blu-ray playback on the PlayStation 5.

I have found a solution. I also have a Dolby Atmos soundbar that does not support eARC, and thus the TV is unable to pass through the Atmos signal to the Soundbar. To remedy this seperate issue, I purchased shArc from https://www.thenaudio.com/product/sharc-earc-audio-converter/

This device not only allowed the TV to pass through a Dobly Atmos signal (from sources that carry one), but also remedied the sound issues with the Xbox Series X.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Sukh146
Apprentice
Options
Same problem here,
TV: QE65Q80T
Soundbar: HWQ950T

Bloody annoying as this was the whole point in buying the soundbar etc. I've played around with the settings but no joy. Sound works fine on my PS4/no cut out but I've read this doesn't support Dolby atmos...could be wrong. I'm aiming to buy the xbox series x soon and praying this isn't a problem still.
Solution
rept0n
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm that as of writing this problem also exists with UHD and HD Blu-ray playback on the Xbox Series X.

This problem does not exist with UHD or Blu-ray playback on the PlayStation 5.

I have found a solution. I also have a Dolby Atmos soundbar that does not support eARC, and thus the TV is unable to pass through the Atmos signal to the Soundbar. To remedy this seperate issue, I purchased shArc from https://www.thenaudio.com/product/sharc-earc-audio-converter/

This device not only allowed the TV to pass through a Dobly Atmos signal (from sources that carry one), but also remedied the sound issues with the Xbox Series X.

Sukh146
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for this. It hurts to hear it after paying over £3,000 for the whole set. I will look to sell in order to buy a Sony tv/sound system now. I paid the high samsung retail price hoping it would cover my ignorance...I just want a surround system that works.

Please advise if my thinking is correct with this device:
Where it says "connect to amplifier/AVR" this HDMI cable goes to the soundbar...sorry if dumb q as I don't have great technical knowledge.

Annoying to pay more just for it to work as it should in the first place but in the grand scheme of things if it fixes all the issues I do consider buying this as can use it on other sound systems.
0 Likes
rept0n
Apprentice
Options

So my setup is Xbox Series X > HDMI IN 4 of the TV, then HDMI IN 3 (eARC) of the TV > shArc device HDMI IN, then HDMI OUT of shArc device > HDMI 1 on my Soundbar

rept0n
Apprentice
Options

I would hope that a Soundbar that had eArc might also fix the sound issue from Xbox for UHD/Blu-ray playback, but that would have been a much more expensive route to go for me.

Sukh146
Apprentice
Options
Much appreciated, answered everything and more.

I will try and find a similar device here in the U.K. if not will get this.

If someone else does have a samsung tv with a different brand Dolby atmos eArc soundbar...Let us know if you still get sound dropping out when playing on the xbox.

Last time I buy all samsung branded tv and sound system.
0 Likes
CmdrCoffee
Apprentice
Options

I've had same with PS5/Sony combo's, and similar with Series X/LG/Q800T combo.

But, only recently on the Series X with Atmos cutting out for a second every so often on Q90A/Q800T combo. It's either the recent Xbox update to sound settings, or it's a recent Q90A update issue. Wasn't present on Q60 series  nor initially on Q90A. Literally first noticed it in last two weeks.

TreitzJ
Student
Options

Agree, I've only noticed it late last year. I tried my PS5 on another tv though and there were no audio drops so I'm leaning towards Samsung

0 Likes