Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Xbox 360 HDMI "No signal"

(Topic created on: 10-09-2019 11:39 AM)
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

Recently I bought a QE55Q70RATXXH qled TV from Samsung. When I connect my Xbox 360 to the tv via HDMI, it says "No signal" on the TV.

The Xbox works fine on every other display I've tried (1080p monitor and another 4K TV from Philips). The HDMI ports on the TV also seem to function perfectly when connecting either a PC or Mac.

My ideas are running out. Could someone shed some light on this issue, has anyone else encountered this?

Things I've tried:
1) All HDMI ports (checked all ports with other devices to see that they indeed work)
2) Different cables
3) Game mode on/off, Input signal plus on/off and other settings that I found on the TV

4) Updating TVs firmware
5) All kinds of settings on the Xbox (also the settings that worked on the Philips TV)

6) Power button long-hold

Thank you!

52 REPLIES 52
nmx_pl
First Poster
Options

Hi folks!

I think it's HANA chip problem. I have changed my Xbox360 Trinity ver. (with HANA onboard) to Xbox360 Corona (without HANA chip) and there is no problem with hdmi connection...

I hope that will be helpful for all QLED/X360 users.

Greets!

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

thanks for sharing
this new discovery may actually be that some HANA chips have malfunctions
with some TVs (perhaps due to electric shocks)
I still have an xbox 360 rev. Jasper with HANA chip and is detected normally.
Please if you have this problem could you provide the type of xbox they own and the build date
(on the back of the console) to try to isolate the problem and find a solution.
Thanks and happy holidays to all.

0 Likes
Petik79
First Poster
Options

hi, i have the same problem, i have a Samsung Q60 (55 serries) and can't connect to the xbox 360. New info? Thank you.

0 Likes
nmx_pl
First Poster
Options

Hi Argolino,

My old x360 was manufactured in the middle of 2011 (June or July I can't remember, however it has Trinity motherboard with HANA). I tried everything despite HDMI splitter. I was adviced to do this, but the splitter was more expensive than my console exchange 😉

The new one was manufactured on 17th of July 2012, so it's with Corona without HANA.

Greets!

0 Likes
Petik79
First Poster
Options

Very thanks.

0 Likes
deltafool117
Student
Options

16118026686556915030338934166743.jpg

16118026987662414475407959526777.jpg

Alright.  I have made it work.  I bought a samsung q80 TAFXZA a couple months ago.

Like many of you I was driven insane on why my 360 wasn't connecting.  I keep it around for guitar hero evenings.  

The 360 on top of the receiver was the problem 360.  That generation or model did not seem to work with the tv at first.  I believe it's the 120 gb model.  My wife has the last 360 model made, which is behind the receiver, that one worked no problem.

I wanted mine to work, the guitar hero data didn't transfer nicely over, song copyrights etc.  

I finally went out today and bought a used receiver capable of hdmi in/out. 

As a last resort I was going to use the component green red blue cables for 720p, but it didn't come to that.

First time I plugged it in the screen was all discolored but the 360 output appeared.  I fiddled with the settings.  I turned game mode on in the tv, turned off all video assisting technology or set to normal.  Swapped cables a few times, did a soft reset and the receiver suddenly worked.  Unfortunately I did a bunch of things at once.  But I did not adjust the settings on my 360 and I kept the display search setting enabled for the 360.  

Sorry, I have not been able to get it to work direct to the tv with an older 360.  If you don't have an intermediary, My tip would be to find a newer 360 and transfer your saves over on a flash drive.  The newer 360s seem to work.  

Also I don't know if it's hdmi, most of mine are 4k/60hz capable and they started out not working but now they work.  I found a junk one to put between the 360 and the receiver and it still works.  The one between the receiver and the tv is my highest quality one.  I can swap that and see if it makes a difference.

Ok, so my 'cheapest' cable even though it says high speed with ethernet DOES NOT work and does not transmit the 360 signal from the receiver to the tv.  It transmits the signal from the 360 to an older tv though.  

So cable from 360 to receiver doesn't matter, cable from receiver to tv matters when the older 360 is used. With a cheap hdmi cable between the receiver and TV, the tv detects the receiver but it doesn't see any xbox 360 video output from the receiver. 

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options
  • Hi, thank you for sharing this information with us, if possible I would like to ask some questions about the problem to try to find solutions to the lack of signal on the TV.
    1) Type and brand of the working receiver
    2) The build date of the xbox 360
    (from the photo it looks like the shiny model)
    this is to understand if the models with
    Trinity mother and HANA chips all have this problem.
    From reading the various posts it is clear that
    if you interpose an adapter the xbox 360 comes
    detected.
    1) hdmi cable with Redmere chip
    2 hdmi receiver or splitter
    3) component hdmi converter
    about that when connected to the receiver from the tv
    is detected as xbox or generic device?
    Thank you all for your cooperation to find a solution.
    Hello
0 Likes
deltafool117
Student
Options

1.  Yamaha RX-V675.  It has 4K pass through capability apparently but its very old 4K, does not work for 90% of actual 4K products.  My Xbox One X does not pass through 4K with it and doesn't detect it as 4K capable, I believe that is because the receiver is only 30hz capable at 4k when most applications right now output 60hz.  Not sure 

2. MFR Date is 2010-11-24, it is the shiny model. 

3. The TV detects the exact model of the receiver and displays it as the input name, I do not know if it sees any information regarding the 360.  I'm not sure how to check deeper though.  

0 Likes
PeteB83
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Finally got my 360 working with my TV! After reading the previous comments I remembered I had a powered HDMI switch lying around from a previous setup.  

After hooking it up and routing the 360's output through it, the signal was detected by the TV immediately. For reference the switch itself is a generic 5 port powered HDMI switch from Amazon, all cables are standard HDMI.

It's annoying that you have to jump through hoops to get this to work, but I'm just glad that it's finally working despite Samsung's lack of support.

Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Thanks to everyone who by participating in the discussion brings new experiences to solve this problem.
Answer for Delatafool117
Thank you for pointing out the build date of the xbox 360 (Trinity model).
Question for PeteB83:
Please could you tell us which xbox 360 model it is and also the date of manufacture so that we can provide information to other users as well.
I'm glad you solved the problem
Hi

0 Likes